The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 6 June 2024, 12:26 AM   #181
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley View Post
So you are interested in selling it now then...
You're never going to get top retail money for it trying to sell it into the grey market. Dealers will knock you down minimum 20% at best to take it off your hands. This is why looking at Chrono24 prices basically means nothing.
watchcollectors.co.uk probably get inundated with requests to buy this watch and are therefore not currently looking to buy due to the market conditions.

One thing I will advise, is if someone offers for you to consign the watch, do not accept this, decline. IMO, this is a high-risk practice.

No Rolex watches come with spare links. Your bracelet should have 11 links and 1 half-link near the glidelock.
They all have the same number of links. If a bracelet has been resized, the links should be loose in the box.
I’m most definitely not interested in selling now and wasn’t interested in selling 12 months ago hence the first paragraph of my previous post you responded to:

“Contacted watchfinder and Co just out of interest as didn’t have any intention of selling 12 months ago or now but thought I’d see what the difference is in value (from their perspective at least) over the last 12 months“

So it was just an exercise out of curiosity to see what they would in theory offer.

Thank you for confirming with regards to the links question. Much appreciated.
Paddydog52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2024, 12:31 AM   #182
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley View Post
So you are interested in selling it now then...
You're never going to get top retail money for it trying to sell it into the grey market. Dealers will knock you down minimum 20% at best to take it off your hands. This is why looking at Chrono24 prices basically means nothing.
watchcollectors.co.uk probably get inundated with requests to buy this watch and are therefore not currently looking to buy due to the market conditions.

One thing I will advise, is if someone offers for you to consign the watch, do not accept this, decline. IMO, this is a high-risk practice.

No Rolex watches come with spare links. Your bracelet should have 11 links and 1 half-link near the glidelock.
They all have the same number of links. If a bracelet has been resized, the links should be loose in the box.
Out of interest why is the consignment option risky? My understanding is that in that situation they let you know ahead of time the minimum you will receive and they take anything over and above that figure, my understanding is that it isn’t risky as such it’s more that you could be without your watch for many many months or even years without it being sold, again, it’s not a route I would go down anyway as I’m not interested in selling anyway.
Old 6 June 2024, 12:45 AM   #183
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Ask Anthony Farrer about consignments.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2024, 01:38 AM   #184
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
Ask Anthony Farrer about consignments.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
See what you mean it that sense, obviously risky if you choose the wrong person to consign with!
Old 6 June 2024, 04:32 AM   #185
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

I see that there is now a £50 service fee with watchfinder, (their quote was £9250-a £50 service fee so I would have received £9,200) guessing that’s to cover the cost of transportation in part and looking at the watch? How does it work if you agree to send it to them but then decide not to proceed with their offer post inspection so they would then have to return the watch to you, effectively you could get a free authentication? Not something I would do as anything could happen in transit plus something could go wrong when they open up the watch.
Old 6 June 2024, 07:01 AM   #186
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

From reading their website it does seem that by sending your watch in after the initial buy quote then once they look at the watch and give you a final quote if you reject that final quote they return the watch to you and you wouldn’t have paid out anything throughout the whole process so it is the only option out there where you can get a free authentication from a reputable source, unless there are costs associated with it that I’m not aware of, anyone on here sent them a watch and then not proceeded after they had inspected it and had it returned, just wondered if there were any costs involved, if there were then that blows my theory out of the water! Lol
Old 15 June 2024, 08:13 PM   #187
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

Should I pay the $18/£14.22 charge to get this thread and by extension the images of the serial number? Or is the chances of someone with nefarious intent locating this thread or someone passing the images on and the serial being used to create a fake version but with my genuine serial number slim to none? I guess the serial could have been noted and shared widely already anyway, just trying to figure out much of a risk it is in reality leaving images of the serial up on here?

What is the fee for anyway? Surely remotely clicking a couple of buttons doesn’t justify such a fee? Is this a common practice on forums to charge like this? I’ve never requested for a post to be removed on any other forum so it may be that this is common practice, I have no idea.
Old 18 June 2024, 06:55 AM   #188
Paddydog52
"TRF" Member

Don’t think the AD will be very impressed by this quick flip! Obviously everyone has free will to do whatever they wish though:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/315446540...mis&media=COPY