The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 12 May 2024, 12:15 PM   #31
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagaliya View Post
They can establish a fair queue system based on first in first out, provide transparency and let customer know how many people are in front of them for the particular model, and not to waste people's time and be a **** about it.

I am a relatively new collector, when I first started didnt know any better and tried to get a rolex from AD, right off the bat it went south - they wont even let me in the store even though it's literally empty and i just wanted to see what's available. Instead I have to get on a wait list just to get in the store, and told it's a 3 hour wait, so we went to lunch and as food is being served only 30 mins in, got text said we need to come, wife was real pissed.

Walks in, got a 20 min lecture from some kid with a suit 2 size too large on why rolex is so exclusive, then been told they have no inventory (was just looking for a steel fluted datejust or regular op nothing special), this is followed by another 15 min of filling out the questionnaire and why you want the watch etc.... it's a complete waste of time, almost a year since and nothing. My uncle, who buys lot of luxury items, tried to take some photos of their display watches from OUTSIDE of the rolex AD in tokyo, and someone literally ran out and told him he cant do that and wont allow him in the store either. He was super pissed, called me to rant lol

Nowadays, could easily paid 1-2k more over msrp and get a new one from secondary dealer, but with a better understanding of all the watch brands now, plus the whole AD experience, rolex as a brand has turned so negative for me I dont want anything to do with it, much less wear one.

All this fake exclusivity on an average 10-15k mass produced watch is really a turn off.

Sorry to turn this into a rant, congrats on the Piaget!
Turned off by Rolex tactics. Have lost interest in their watches. Other fish in sea.
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2024, 12:48 AM   #32
TickTockChuck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116610LV
Well done! Congrats on your great looking Piaget. You did the right thing to move on. I was on Rolex wait lists fir over 3 years and have started looking elsewhere. I don't want to beg for a watch. Wear your watch in good health. Cheers!
TickTockChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2024, 07:54 AM   #33
Gregdaytona997
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Looks great, congratulations!
Gregdaytona997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2024, 11:37 AM   #34
ads75
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sinn 900 Flieger
That Piaget looks great!