The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 May 2024, 12:20 AM   #121
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
I love my ADs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2024, 01:34 AM   #122
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
No way I can hate on my AD.
There is not a watch I have wanted that my AD has not gotten me.
Old 26 May 2024, 03:13 AM   #123
L_S_SHOE
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGMT View Post
I love my ADs.

That’s just what an AD would say…haha.

L_S_SHOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2024, 03:16 AM   #124
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Blueface View Post
No way I can hate on my AD.
There is not a watch I have wanted that my AD has not gotten me.

Precisely this. I’m on my third LV

Old 26 May 2024, 03:16 AM   #125
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_S_SHOE View Post
That’s just what an AD would say…haha.

So true.lol. I would add that my A.D. is the most handsome dashing honest, trustworthy, responsive guy I know.

Old 26 May 2024, 08:51 AM   #126
train-time
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
At most AD (especially chain), the SA is on commission.

They also work on an "up" system, which means that the associates take turns working with individuals who walk in. You became his "up" and he cannot deal with another individual or group of individuals until you are gone and then he can get back in the loop to work with another individual.

So once he offered you an available PM sub and you didn't bite, it's time for you to go. He can't sell you a Starbucks without purchase history (management say no) and you didn't want to buy anything else at that moment, so you need to get out so he can get another up. Hence, you were handled out the door. Just how it is...not really a "customer service" issue because in their eyes, you aren't a "customer".

They sell plenty of watches so they will continue to act like this until they are forced to not act this way. If and when that happens..who knows??

As always, very insightful and keen observations and analysis! If this doesn't qualify you for a pledge membership, I don't know what does...
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2024, 03:37 PM   #127
Fleetlord
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by train-time View Post
As always, very insightful and keen observations and analysis! If this doesn't qualify you for a pledge membership, I don't know what does...
Thank you. I appreciate that
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2024, 10:58 PM   #128
Rp121
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
At most AD (especially chain), the SA is on commission.

They also work on an "up" system, which means that the associates take turns working with individuals who walk in. You became his "up" and he cannot deal with another individual or group of individuals until you are gone and then he can get back in the loop to work with another individual.

So once he offered you an available PM sub and you didn't bite, it's time for you to go. He can't sell you a Starbucks without purchase history (management say no) and you didn't want to buy anything else at that moment, so you need to get out so he can get another up. Hence, you were handled out the door. Just how it is...not really a "customer service" issue because in their eyes, you aren't a "customer".

They sell plenty of watches so they will continue to act like this until they are forced to not act this way. If and when that happens..who knows??
Thanks for this insight. It’s a great analysis and explanation. I can see both points of view from myself as a buyer and the AD as the seller. Hopefully the situation improves for so purchasing these watches becomes a less negative experience (for the ‘average’ buyer!)
Rp121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2024, 11:08 PM   #129
Rp121
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McCauley View Post
Not far from me - the Merry Hill branch is my local AD.

In many ways, I can sympathise - I don't think we as punters can understand what it's like having people coming in all day every day asking for the same things that you cannot sell to them. They must be sick to their back teeth of it. A lot of these "customers" have a crap attitude as well and get pretty aggy with the SA's.
Many times I've been there and seen people come and drop the immediate "I have the money, I wanna buy that one there, why can't I?" or "Hi mate, I wanna buy a Rolex" with no other discussion lol.

That said - the reason why I don't bother with Birmingham is just what you said, I found them incredibly rude and wouldn't entertain my business, in WoS around the corner, I actually got smugly laughed at by the lady in sales.
Conversely, Merry Hill is very different, everyone in the store knows my name, greets me, drinks, looked after, and importantly, have gotten what I have wanted.
I’m sat in Merry Hill as I type this! Yes, Merry Hill is supposed to be my ‘local’ AD and it’s the same situation. No purchase history, no Sub LV. Can’t even place an order. Again, they have been very up front about this. I am always polite but they never seem to take any interest in me haha! I’m guessing you have a decent purchase history with them already that they treat you so well?
Old 26 May 2024, 11:36 PM   #130
Rp121
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
And they'll never get a penny of your money. Works both ways. This behaviour isn't confined to Rolex dealers and if you reside in the West Midlands you've got a lot of potential alternatives, some of whom might treat you as if they are pleased to see you. Good luck with it.
Thanks Harry. I do indeed live in the West Midlands of England. I’ve been seeking to buy my desired Rolex for 2 years but still consider myself a noob! I’d be grateful if you could offer some advice as to dealers/suppliers that I could engage with? Happy to receive a DM
Old 27 May 2024, 01:49 AM   #131
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

My kids and grandkids are all in the Birmingham area but I'm down in Somerset. My local AD is fantastic. When I worked the West Midlands I occasionally enquired at ADs and got thrown into the revolving door for the most part. But the EM/WM is big and I didn't visit many of the available locations. I vaguely remember a more positive experience in Dudley (or thereabouts). I wasn't a serious buyer at the time but I was offered a 16610LV at as time when my local AD was running a waiting list for that model.

Not much help. Sorry. But do persist when you find someone who acts professionally. It will happen.
Harry-57 is online now   Reply With Quote