The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

View Poll Results: Your fave of the bunch ?
PP 5712/1R 27 36.00%
PP 5990/1R 31 41.33%
RM 67-01TI/OR 1 1.33%
RM 67-02 2 2.67%
RM 72-01TI 2 2.67%
AP 16204BC (Skelly Jumbo) 11 14.67%
AP 26670ST (Fly.tourb Jumbo) 8 10.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30 May 2024, 09:09 AM   #31
Chiverz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadubs View Post
For a wedding piece that you will always keep I would likely vote the 5712 1R - I have one and its one of my favorite pieces. But, you already have the 5712 1A - so I choose the 5990 1R. I also have a 67-02 and LOVE the watch, probably my favorite piece - but as a wedding present I would want something I know I would never let go of....and the 1Rs are just that. Congrats!
I absolutely agree with you on everything of what you said. These are timeless and keepers. By seeing the poll results at the moment, it's the battle of the Rs lol. 12 1R is creeping up gently against 90 1R, wonder who will win
Chiverz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2024, 09:19 AM   #32
Chiverz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
Size wise, you can see the 030 vs 72 here, I have rather small wrists as well, maybe 6.75" and the 030 fit fine. The issue with the 72 is the only option for straps is solid rubber which I don't like as it reminds me of an apple strap or nylon velcro. Also don't like the numerals placement on the 72 dial with the 11, 3 and 8. The latter a bit nit picky but optically it bothered me.

Thank you for sharing your experience! Look what I found on instagram (check the strap ) Not sure if the strap is OEM as I didn't message the guy but it looks promising as a strap choice imho.

Can understand the issue with the weird number layout, not sure if you agree with this but I feel like, compared to the bigger RM, the 72 looks like it lacks a bit in depth and openworking, as it doesn't appear as skeletonized as the others which make it look just a bit more flat than let's say a rm 11 or 30 ? But then I never saw one in person so, might be picky here. But I think for the price, we are allowed to be picky (hot piece or not).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6174.jpg (109.0 KB, 89 views)
Old 30 May 2024, 09:24 AM   #33
Chiverz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhound View Post
I think you need to take her to the court house steps this weekend! What a keeper.
I’d go with a RM. Not sure what one is best for you but you’ll know when you try it on. They’re very special, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for the kind words! I agree I couldn't wish for more, so grateful being able to share the same hobbys with my partner.

I just hope they have "exhibition pieces" to try at the Geneva boutique, otherwise it's gonna be a bit difficult haha
Old 1 June 2024, 01:59 AM   #34
Johndong888
"TRF" Member

Watch: PAM 372
Need help: This or that, or maybe even that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiverz View Post
Good evening watch family!

In anticipation of our wedding next year, my (future) wifey has already asked me which watch I would like as a wedding gift (she's also a watch addict and knows that depending on the reference, there might be waiting time, so she prefers to have enough time ahead to ensure we get the piece on time).

I had several models in mind, particularly :

5712/1R or 5990/1R from PP (no problem for either)

67-01 TI/OR or 67-02 or 72-01TI from RM (can be difficult as no connection but I have a contact that could help me with it potentially)

16204BC or RD3 26670ST from AP (16202XT or 15416/26585CE no chance as per our SA)

Unfortunately, I can't decide because even though they are very different, they're all in my wishlist . And that is where I would need your helpful guidance : what would be your top 5 of the list ?

Thank you in advance to everybody chiming in for your inputs and your valuable help in making the future decision!

PS: actual collection if it helps: 5164A, 5712A, 5212A, 6119G, 5740G, 5231G, Code 11.59 Chrono, 15407ST (planned for end of 24), 116500LN Panda, 126710BLRO

5712R pass. You already have in different material. Not worth it. 5990 if you must get yet another nautilus

15407 > 16204 so skip.

I was also told can’t do 16202XT or 15416 lolol. First tourb is always special

Also liked what [mention]7sins [/mention]said. See how you feel about the 15407OR

Honestly, 67-02 for me. New brand, different casing, new material, bad ass watch. Congratz man
Johndong888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2024, 11:05 PM   #35
Chiverz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndong888 View Post
5712R pass. You already have in different material. Not worth it. 5990 if you must get yet another nautilus

15407 > 16204 so skip.

I was also told can’t do 16202XT or 15416 lolol. First tourb is always special

Also liked what [mention]7sins [/mention]said. See how you feel about the 15407OR

Honestly, 67-02 for me. New brand, different casing, new material, bad ass watch. Congratz man
Thank you for the input John!

Not sure if I understood well but 26670st would be considered some sort of a "relation builder", still don't understand why there is not that much love for this ref as it checks a lot of boxes (39mm, flying tourb & iconic tapisserie)...

What bothers me the most on new openworks from AP is the logo on the sapphire crystal ... maybe I'm crazy but it makes it feel a bit cheap

15407 ST > OR imho, the contrast steel x anthracite openwork x gold bridge makes it a bit more special and it just work so well.

Will definitely check RM to see how I feel about them. More the thinners ones (16.5 cm wrist) and also so it could slide under the cuffs to not get my wrist chopped, we're actually not that safe in Switzerland contrary to popular beliefs.

As of today, I've narrowed a bit the choices on the list (thank to you guys). To add fire on the oil, she asked me if instead of a watch I'd rather not have a 997 3 RS or a 430 scud (I love the 2007-2012 cars period; hydraulic steering/raw feeling but still drivable) but I guess adding those options would make the thread out of subject