The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 April 2022, 07:58 AM   #1
lswoboda
"TRF" Member

Tudor Prices and Availability ?

Hello:

I'm aware of the incredible increase in prices of some brands, notably Rolex, Patek, and others, but I've gotten mixed messages on Tudor.

I've heard that their watches are generally available (you may have to look a bit, but you can find what you want).

I don't know about pricing, however. Has Tudor also been swept up into the pay well above MSRP fever?

I'd like a new Black Bay Chrono reverse panda model.

I saw used (like new) one at a local AD for $6450 while MSRP is $5,325. He said another sister store may have a new one and didn't know their pricing policy.

Does anyone have any insight into the pricing and availability of Tudors?

Thanks in advance!
lswoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2022, 01:15 PM   #2
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
I live a sheltered life but I do visit ADs frequently both here in the US and abroad. I haven’t ever seen a Tudor AD that doesn’t have every watch in the range on display and for sale. The only exception are the “boutique only” watches, which is currently the full bronze black bay only.
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2022, 01:20 PM   #3
Potawatomi
"TRF" Member

I've been waiting for the tudor Chrono since it was released in the new format. No end in sight on my wait either.
Potawatomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2022, 09:01 PM   #4
nick800
"TRF" Member

One AD told me they’ve received two of those since they were released.
nick800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2022, 09:24 PM   #5
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BoctokKomandirskie
Most all Tudor models (including new releases) are readily available at various ADs at MSRP or even at a slight discount for more obscure / old stock references.

Small AD in my office building even has the new GMT S&G on display among 58s P01 Pelagos etc. etc.

No current production / non-vintage Tudor commands a premium.
minute_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2022, 09:31 PM   #6
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Certain Tudor watches are more difficult to get than others. The 2021 Chronos are a watch that is much desired and difficult to get through an AD without a relationship or very good luck or both. My AD is big with Tudor and the case is almost empty except for a few Black Bay 58's. They get watches and immediately sell them. To make a correlation to Rolex and limiting supply might be a bit of a stretch but the Tudors are great watches and a lot of fun and very reasonable in price. The internet is your friend when it comes to finding the watch you want but I would go back to the local dealer who had the watch you wanted and negotiate and pay a bit more and have the watch I want today.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2022, 09:32 PM   #7
MrMikee
"TRF" Member

It depends on the reference. The Tudor panda is generally on a wait list, pelagos and some of the new releases from Watches and Wonder 2022. You’ll probably find these are being sold at a premium on the grey market just because they’re hard to get hold of. Most Tudor’s you can get at retail price.
MrMikee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2022, 09:38 PM   #8
Frog7151
"TRF" Member

Watch: Looking
I was in my AD last week and their Tudor display was pretty empty.
Frog7151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2022, 09:42 PM   #9
Adam84
Banned

Watch: Cant choose!
People should never have to pay over retail for a Tudor. Sometimes patience is a virtue.

I know at the local Tudor store in the Trafford Centre Manchester they have a waiting list 100 people long for the Chrono....so availability is scarce, however they had the same when the BB58 came out. 12 months on and the BB58 is freely available at MSRP and i even got a small discount on mine!

Currently the only thing that is waitlisted is the chrono and BB Pro, you can get anything else easily.
Adam84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2022, 10:20 PM   #10
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Breguet Typexx
Was at the Tudor AD in Tampa earlier in the week and they had just a few Tudors in the display case. The Orlando boutique has good inventory and the other AD in Orlando had a blue BB58 just the other day. As far as the new chrono I have handled both dial colours at the AD as they held them for me to see. My husband didn’t care for them so passed. They have called me several other times when they had them come in to see if he might want one but have never seen those in the case.
Kinnakeet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2022, 10:32 PM   #11
SAAS
"TRF" Member

Tudor tends to produce enough watches over time that initial demand for hot models is met approximately 18 months after initial release. There are few models that are discontinued before being available in the case. Even boutique editions become available over time Bucherer & Harrods as examples. Based on my conversations and reading the All Black partnership LE is one piece that will not be available for all. It’s possible the MN will remain exclusive but too soon to tell. Over time and with increased interest and demand globally we may see a situation were the hot pieces are not available to all similar to Rolex. Thankfully that time has not yet come.
SAAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2022, 10:33 PM   #12
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam84 View Post
People should never have to pay over retail for a Tudor. Sometimes patience is a virtue.

I know at the local Tudor store in the Trafford Centre Manchester they have a waiting list 100 people long for the Chrono....so availability is scarce, however they had the same when the BB58 came out. 12 months on and the BB58 is freely available at MSRP and i even got a small discount on mine!

Currently the only thing that is waitlisted is the chrono and BB Pro, you can get anything else easily.
Was offered the Pro this week. Turned it down for now as I have a bigger fish to fry. So I would insist, they're out there. Checking different ADs WILL bring results.
Old 21 April 2022, 10:47 PM   #13
Adam84
Banned

Watch: Cant choose!
Quote:
Originally Posted by minute_man View Post
Was offered the Pro this week. Turned it down for now as I have a bigger fish to fry. So I would insist, they're out there. Checking different ADs WILL bring results.
Yup they are trickling through but Tudor have been playing the rolex game over the last few years by limiting supply initially then ramping up so demand is met 12/24 months in.

Well it certainly seems that way, either that or as demand and hype decreases they are more readily available
Adam84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2022, 11:00 PM   #14
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minute_man View Post
Couldn't it just be possible they are available in your area but not others? It's raining at my house today, should everyone bring an umbrella?

Edit: after rereading your post it seems we're both saying the same damn thing. I'll see myself out.
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2022, 01:09 AM   #15
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
Couldn't it just be possible they are available in your area but not others? It's raining at my house today, should everyone bring an umbrella?

Edit: after rereading your post it seems we're both saying the same damn thing. I'll see myself out.
dP
Old 22 April 2022, 02:44 AM   #16
AEV
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP & Rolex
Prices should be the same as on the Tudor website in the particular location.
The BB chrono is not that difficult to get in my part of the world.
AEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2022, 08:31 AM   #17
lswoboda
"TRF" Member

I put my name on the list for a Black Bay Chrono reverse panda with two local ADs. Both were quick to share that they’re “very popular” and may take some time, but didn’t imply that it was a crazy long wait.

Heading to Europe soon and will look there, too.

Thanks for the comments on timing and availability!
Old 7 May 2022, 08:50 AM   #18
nick800
"TRF" Member

White chrono is very hard
nick800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2022, 08:05 AM   #19
lswoboda
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick800 View Post
White chrono is very hard
I’m looking for the black face. Hopefully, it’s not as popular and it’ll be available soon.

Thanks!
Old 8 May 2022, 09:20 AM   #20
Ultraman
"TRF" Member

I was at the AD looking at a Santos couple days ago, overheard the sales manager telling a customer a BB bronze that the Pelagos will be hard to find soon.

He specifically mentioned the Pelagos LHD will be the hardest and is currently popular. I find the AD satement hard to believe as I can still see it easily available online with other local ADs.

I do agree the BB Chrono are still a unicorn in most ADs locally, have not seen one since its release.
Ultraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2022, 10:09 AM   #21
Slimpee
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DJ 41; 1803; BB Ch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lswoboda View Post
I’m looking for the black face. Hopefully, it’s not as popular and it’ll be available soon.

Thanks!
They show up on Moda groups occasionally for less than $6k.

Ive been waiting on a Chrono panda for almost a year. Who knows how long it’ll be.
Slimpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2022, 12:29 PM   #22
IamJacky
"TRF" Member

I'm located in Malaysia and a friend of mine recently wanted me to recommend him a watch in the $5,000 range; I recommended him a Tudor Black Bay or an Omega SeaMaster (he's a diver and wants a SS sport watch).

I subsequently began visiting my local Tudor ADs, and all of the Black Bays are sold out and I was told the estimated wait time would be 1 year for a Black Bay Pro. The Omega on the other hand are all readily available.

My friend himself also visited some Tudor ADs and just signed up for a Black Bay Pro and Black Bay GMT. It's definitely great to have a friend in real life getting into watches, I hope he gets his piece soon!
Old 8 May 2022, 12:34 PM   #23
Slimpee
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DJ 41; 1803; BB Ch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimpee View Post
They show up on Moda groups occasionally for less than $6k.

Ive been waiting on a Chrono panda for almost a year. Who knows how long it’ll be.
In fact, 9 hours ago, a reverse panda was posted on the <$10k Moda group for $5k.
Slimpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2022, 01:20 AM   #24
Tricolore66
"TRF" Member

My AD tells me he gets more 116500’s than Tudor chronos, and he thinks they’re having production issues with that movement, a joint-development between Breitling and Tudor.
Tricolore66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2022, 10:59 AM   #25
Bucksfizz
"TRF" Member

I put my name down for a Black Bay Pro at Goldsmiths Trafford Centre at launch and was told that they hadn't received any yet and was shown a Black Bay GMT S&G instead which wasn't to my taste.

Popped in again over the weekend to ask if they had received their first allocations. They responded that they had and even had a few which they sold to randoms who had walked in and asked. What is the point in even expressing interest if it counts for nothing, the SAs don't seem the most clued up in terms of building clientele. Not surprised at this treatment given how the Rolex game is but for Tudor FFS.
Bucksfizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2022, 09:50 AM   #26
Aussiexplorer
"TRF" Member

I paid a premium to buy my BB58 Bronze. There is just one outlet in Australia, so I went grey, paid a premium..... and then, of course, was offered one from the boutique two months later. I still love it.
Aussiexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2022, 10:00 AM   #27
2nastie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Time Only
The only Tudors that I know are harder to come by is the Chrono, FXD, and Ceramic. And maybe the Bronze 58

The rest is okay pretty with minimal wait. The Pro are beginning to trickle in.

However, while hard to get, it doesn’t necessarily mean they trade for a premium. Took me forever to get the Ceramic. I don’t know what the figures are but to date the two AD/Boutique I’ve spoken to only gotten the one I picked up within the past 6 months.
2nastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2022, 10:03 AM   #28
Greenjacket95
"TRF" Member

New to the forums here -- I recently went into an AD in the Bay Area to try my luck for an Explorer I and try on some of the Tudor models (mainly a BB58). The Rolex situation was dire as expected (quoted a 1 year wait...) but they were also completely cleaned out of Tudors, which struck me as a little unusual.
Greenjacket95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2022, 06:30 AM   #29
lswoboda
"TRF" Member

I'm on the East Coast of the US. The local AD shared that Tudor was having issues with the movements and that's why deliveries are slow. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but the fact remains that he didn't have one to sell to me!
Old 13 May 2022, 06:46 AM   #30
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Picked up a BB58 blue and an fxd within a few weeks of each other w no previous history.