The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 2 November 2009, 04:49 AM   #1
TheDude
"TRF" Member

Watch: IIc,1680 Red,16660
Window full of B01s...

Just walked past my local mall AD. They had 3 B01 Chronomats in the window. VERY nice.
TheDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2009, 05:25 AM   #2
Chrisxx

Agreed these are great watches, the AD in plymouth has 7 on display, which is quite surprising considering how recently this watch has been added to Breitlings range.
Chrisxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2009, 06:16 AM   #3
kingblackbolt
"TRF" Member

There are a lot of positive things going for the B01 in particular the new in house movement. the criticism I keep hearing about it form Breitling collectors is the almost cartoonosh font used for the bezel numbers. In the pictures I thought that they looked fine. After trying one on I must say I am not a fan of that bezel... they need to come out with a new version with a more standard bezel font.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Breitling-Chronomat-B01.jpg (61.8 KB, 315 views)

“Hail to the king, baby" Ash (Army of Darkness 1992)
kingblackbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 November 2009, 06:49 AM   #4
wsaraceni
Banned

i think thats one nice looking breitling
wsaraceni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2009, 08:36 AM   #5
Cowboyland

Watch: Breitling
New B01

It seems most Breitling enthusiasts just don't seem to like the new bezel on the B01, I have to agree with them. This new in-house movement will no doubt set the benchmark for all mechanical chronos out there.........absolutely a marvel of watchmaking. From all indications and reviews this watch has scored flawlessly on the movement, accuracy and build. Unfortunately they chose to put it in this so-called updated version of the Chronomat. Get rid of the "tron" font on the bezel and the square guilloche in the center of the dial and you will have a winner.
Cowboyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2009, 09:50 AM   #6
iwantagmt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega Seamaster PO
I have not been able to find very much info on the new movement (beyond published specs and photos) can you point me to some more detailed sources?

I fully agree on the bezel font. Also, the font of the date wheel is yet another font. I think all the numerals should be the font of the chrono registers.
iwantagmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 November 2009, 12:34 AM   #7
steveseiko

Watch: DSSD & PO 45.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantagmt View Post
I think all the numerals should be the font of the chrono registers.
I agree 100%
steveseiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2009, 06:06 AM   #8
Noonan
Banned

Watch: 3570.50
There's actually an iPhone app specific for this watch. It's pretty cool. Has a lot of data and lets you "make" one buy choosing from the different cases, dials, straps to see how they look. I can't say I mind the bezel font but I've set to see one in person.
Noonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 December 2009, 03:07 AM   #9
Brentomatic

Watch: Deepsea
I am still undecided on this watch. I love that it has an in-house movement. It's the polished case/bracelet that has me in question. I'd love to see Breitling make a few more brushed versions or a combo polished/brushed. Keeping the polished watches clean (fingerprints, smudges etc) is a constant battle. My Breitling Bentley and Chrono-Matic 49 are both polished and my Super Avenger is now brushed. The brushed finish is virtually maintenance free. I like that.
Brentomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2009, 07:55 AM   #10
MarJnK

Watch: Deepsea
The bezel font has killed this watch for me. Otherwise i think it is quite a successful evolution (pun intended). If they offer a different bezel, this watch will fly out the door.

Strange, Tudor had used the same font on their bezels this year. Maybe there is some kind of trend emerging that we aren't aware of??
MarJnK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2009, 03:02 PM   #11
Christiaan
"TRF" Member

Watch: 67' Breitling Navi
After trying on a B01 3 seperate times I still love the watch...including the bezel. The hard part is deciding which dial to choose...

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward. For there you have been and there you will long to return." DaVinci

Christiaan is offline   Reply With Quote