The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 3 April 2022, 12:51 AM   #1
Cobie520
"TRF" Member

Cartier Santos Skeleton

Any owners of the Santos Skeleton? Thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg santos skeleton black.jpeg (57.9 KB, 245 views)
File Type: jpeg Santos skeleton stainless.jpeg (51.4 KB, 241 views)
Cobie520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2022, 02:36 AM   #2
jntemple11
"TRF" Member

I had the pleasure of trying both models on out in Vegas a few months ago. I'm partial to the black Noctambule version. This was the first time I'd ever seen it in person, and it's a real stunner. Unfortunately, it doesn't come with any kind of bracelet (just a black and a gray strap with the quick-change system). But I imagine you could buy the black rubber strap/bracelet used for the ADLC version separately.

If you're into skeleton watches or Cartier in general, it's a real winner. It fits great on my 7-inch wrist and is a model I have strongly considered. The biggest drawback is that it's hard to justify the retail price of about $30K given what else is on the market. But it's definitely something different, and I think it could be worn for dressy or casual situations.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2022-04-02 at 11.28.57 AM.png (284.0 KB, 232 views)
jntemple11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2022, 07:39 AM   #3
texasmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO 15400, FOIS
I think Dauster owns one.
texasmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2022, 12:07 AM   #4
Dino944
"TRF" Member

Watch: Batman, Kermit
I have two friends that bought the steel Santos skeleton watch. They both seem to love the design and the ability to switch between a strap and bracelet easily. I like the look of the ADLC version, but I love the Santos bracelet on these and would have to choose the all steel version. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Dino944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2022, 12:23 AM   #5
youthagainsttt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Piaget,Rolex,AP,HB
I tried several of the Cartier skeleton pieces at their Jewellery event at the Rosewood (HK) last year including this one - all gorgeous pieces but as others mentioned, difficult to justify the price & I think you would lose a ton if you decide to trade it later. Compared to other skeleton pieces by other brands they are pretty overpriced

I've got a Hublot Aerofusion skeleton as my only skeleton/openworked piece and quite happy with that so far
youthagainsttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2022, 12:33 AM   #6
Dino944
"TRF" Member

Watch: Batman, Kermit
Quote:
Originally Posted by youthagainsttt View Post
I tried several of the Cartier skeleton pieces at their Jewellery event at the Rosewood (HK) last year including this one - all gorgeous pieces but as others mentioned, difficult to justify the price & I think you would lose a ton if you decide to trade it later. Compared to other skeleton pieces by other brands they are pretty overpriced

I've got a Hublot Aerofusion skeleton as my only skeleton/openworked piece and quite happy with that so far
I think unless one is buying a skeletonized RO, or maybe a skeletonized Overseas, most people lose some money on skeletonized watches. Skeletonized watches are generally love them or hate them kind of watches.
Dino944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2022, 02:54 AM   #7
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
always liked these and they look pretty damn good in person. they do wear a tad large tho on my skinny wrists
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote