The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 23 May 2024, 05:04 AM   #1
hl0m4n
"TRF" Member

Icon5 Path to Rolex Certified Watchmaker

as with anything rolex, it seems there is no clear path to become a "certified" rolex watchmaker and obtain rolex certifications.

the newly appointed rolex watch training program in dallas rsc is a 18 month program and upon successful final exam at geneva, students are granted rolex "certified" watchmaker. to my understanding, there are different levels of rolex certifications such as 30 or 40; not sure what these different levels imply.

my main question is for those that received watchmaking certifications elsewhere such as cw21, wostep, etc which are full 2 year programs, are they able to take the rolex exam itself and obtain rolex certification to be able to work at rolex rsc directly?
if you look up job openings for rolex, you don't see anything at dallas or even the nyc centers. it seems even the technicians are kept a secret.

hoping the few certified watchmakers here are able to clarify, thank you .
hl0m4n is offline   Reply With Quote