The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 2 September 2020, 04:22 AM   #1
Casey VP-26
"TRF" Member

Rolex New World

I predict that in very short order we will be seeing plenty of new Rolex watches on display in Rolex AD's and boutique's.
Rolex is too good of a company to be stuck in the mud much longer, with no supply for their AD's.
Their new releases offer many models to be available with minor changes at the factory or RSC centers capable of making matching papers.
Casey VP-26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 04:25 AM   #2
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey VP-26 View Post
I predict that in very short order we will be seeing plenty of new Rolex watches on display in Rolex AD's and boutique's.
Good luck with that
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 04:25 AM   #3
Robf52
"TRF" Member

Watch: lots of Rolex
An reduction of the backlog would be very welcome. Rolex is too smart to do anything extreme but we can only hope for a loosening of supply.
126334 DJ41 Rhodium/Diamonds//126331 DJ41 TT Wimbledon
124300 OP41 Green//126334 DJ41Mint Green
Robf52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 04:26 AM   #4
GlossSwiss
Banned

You will be seeing a lot of FAT lug subs at grey for MSRP very soon.. But the new Models will be hard to get cause people that pretended the FAT lugs was the best will secretly transition to the new sub cause in reality thats what they wanted all along. But to embarrassed to admit it cause they will be taking a huge loss trading it in or selling it cause nobody will want them as much...
GlossSwiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 04:28 AM   #5
DramaTurtle
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar Explorer
Fat chance. As fat as the old sub lugs.
Rolex moved to its furthest point of being a tool watch. The new Sea-Dweller and Meteorite GMT seem best suited for raising PGA trophies, and that might be the closest we get to one anyway.
DramaTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 04:28 AM   #6
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Rolex is too good of a company to be stuck in the mud much longer, with no supply for their AD's.
Their new releases offer many models to be available with minor changes at the factory or RSC centers capable of making matching papers.
I was about to say “obviously you’re a newbie....” then noticed you aren’t

As above, good luck with that
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 04:29 AM   #7
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
Quote:
What are you talking about ??
TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 04:42 AM   #8
Rodolfo_4
"TRF" Member

The lack of inventory is a selling strategy, to maje the product more exclusive

Is the same strategy used by companies like

FERRARI
PORSCHE
HERMES

And a few other

Were they prevent a first time customer of getting one of their exclusive items, before becoming a usual buyer of their not so exclusive models

Seems like people like to be treated bad, in order to desire it more

Something like having trouble to get in a club

Some of Us dont seem to like this kind of games
Rodolfo_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 05:08 AM   #9
gesus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodolfo_4 View Post

FERRARI
PORSCHE
HERMES

And a few other

Were they prevent a first time customer of getting one of their exclusive items, before becoming a usual buyer of their not so exclusive models

The current Rolex situation is not the same as those other companies you mentioned. The demand is completely different. The people who can afford a $15k watch vs a $200k+ car are not the same, therefore the effects on the supply side will be completely different.

To translate into the real world, anyone with an extra $300k lying around can walk into a Beverly Hills Ferrari dealership and have access to purchase essentially any model in their lineup with first class service. If that same person walked into a Rolex AD and asked for a SS Daytona, they'd be laughed out of the store, or be asked to purchase $100K worth of crap first.
The current model is broken, and IMO the AD's are more to blame than Rolex.
gesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 05:10 AM   #10
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlossSwiss View Post
You will be seeing a lot of FAT lug subs at grey for MSRP very soon.. But the new Models will be hard to get cause people that pretended the FAT lugs was the best will secretly transition to the new sub cause in reality thats what they wanted all along. But to embarrassed to admit it cause they will be taking a huge loss trading it in or selling it cause nobody will want them as much...
So you're predicting I'll be able to get a Hulk at MSRP from a gray dealer in the near future?
usmc_k9_vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 05:12 AM   #11
ChipotleBanana
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Omega/Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by gesus View Post
The current Rolex situation is not the same as those other companies you mentioned. The demand is completely different. The people who can afford a $15k watch vs a $200k+ car are not the same, therefore the effects on the supply side will be completely different.

To translate into the real world, anyone with an extra $300k lying around can walk into a Beverly Hills Ferrari dealership and have access to purchase essentially any model in their lineup with first class service. If that same person walked into a Rolex AD and asked for a SS Daytona, they'd be laughed out of the store, or be asked to purchase $100K worth of crap first.
You sound like someone super enjoyable to spent time with. AD's cannot help that the demand for Rolex is above and beyond what is typical at the moment. If any AD had 10,000 Daytonas, they could probably sell 10,000 Daytonas before days end. They are doing their best to get their customers watches and the customer should be smarter to realize that they do not NEED to spend $100,000 to buy a $13,000 watch lol. Some of you clowns on this forum act as if Rolex has personally offended you by producing more watches than any other brand.
ChipotleBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 05:15 AM   #12
faimag
"TRF" Member

Watch: Reverso
I didn't know that the current status of Rolex is "being in the mud"
faimag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 05:16 AM   #13
Frank McKay
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Get the hate out of your system it’s not healthy
Frank McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 05:17 AM   #14
Nixshah
"TRF" Member

Some of you may be missing the OP’s point...by standardizing aspects of the product offering (dials, cases, etc) if Rolex chooses to do so, they could ramp up production to meet the demand. OP - your statement assumes Rolex is interested in doing this, when in fact, that may not be true.
Nixshah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 05:17 AM   #15
brandog
Banned

Rolex is a marketing genius, everything they've done is done purposely and working perfectly.
brandog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 05:20 AM   #16
blankapdx
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500 black
Quote:
Originally Posted by gesus View Post

To translate into the real world, anyone with an extra $300k lying around can walk into a Beverly Hills Ferrari dealership and have access to purchase essentially any model in their lineup with first class service.
If that same person walked into a Rolex AD and asked for a SS Daytona, they'd be laughed out of the store, or be asked to purchase $100K worth of crap first.
Sorry my friend but you can not just go into Ferrari with $300k and buy any model you want.
blankapdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 05:33 AM   #17
mk2jag
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What are you talking about???
mk2jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 05:36 AM   #18
time_and_cars
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodolfo_4 View Post

FERRARI
PORSCHE
HERMES

And a few other

Hahaha so true
Rolex Daytona 126500LN/Rolex 126710BLRO/Rolex 126720VTNR/Rolex 126710BLNR/Rolex Oyster 126000/Breitling B01 CHRONOGRAPH 43 CURTISS WARHAWK/Omega“SILVER SNOOPY AWARD” 50TH ANNIVERSARY/Some Swatch x omega x blancpain
time_and_cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 05:39 AM   #19
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Haha, nice try!!!
Old 2 September 2020, 05:45 AM   #20
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
All I can say is I hope you’re right.
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 05:58 AM   #21
Casey VP-26
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixshah View Post
Some of you may be missing the OP’s point...by standardizing aspects of the product offering (dials, cases, etc) if Rolex chooses to do so, they could ramp up production to meet the demand. OP - your statement assumes Rolex is interested in doing this, when in fact, that may not be true.
Thanks Nixshah
Just to add,
I also don't believe that Rolex has been going around the world putting existing AD's out of the Rolex business unless they agree to build a $300,000.00 plus boutique in their stores. I am sure Rolex does not intend to keep those new showcases empty for long.
Like I said before, Rolex is too smart of a company. They have a plan.
Casey VP-26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 05:59 AM   #22
slus
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD, Pelagos
I remember thinking I wanted a nice watch, so I went to a Rolex store to browse while my wife shopped elsewhere. They had multiple Submariners with dates, without dates, in two tone or SS, Sea Dwellers, DeepSeas, multiple black bezel GMTs in the case. A rainbow of OPs and DateJusts. They were also one of the only dealers in California for a recently reintroduced to the US brand called Tudor. I tried on watches for about an hour, had a nice conversation with the SA, and left for the night to think it over. The next day I offered ~20% less than MSRP on a Pelagos, which they accepted, and I left feeling like I picked the best watch for me and my budget. It was a great experience.

This sounds like ancient history or an alternate reality, but it was actually only like 6 years ago at Fashion Island Sad to see the waitlists, FOMO, bundling and flipping the Rolex "buying experience" has become. ADs sure seemed a lot healthier at that time too. I definitely don't understand the hype.
slus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 06:01 AM   #23
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Really?
Go take a look at the Hulks on Chrono24. $24-$25K
Will someone pay that? Time will tell.
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 06:08 AM   #24
AK797
Banned

Watch: ing ships roll in
Rolex are not stuck in the mud, the punters are as there are ten times as many as there is product, and the last few days have shown the hype factory is only getting more insania.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 06:10 AM   #25
Deroya
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
one can hope
Deroya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 06:17 AM   #26
vinny84
2024 Pledge Member

The only way this can be cured is if people stop paying grey market prices. When demand dies, so does business and those businesses would look elsewhere for the next cash cow.

I don't see this happening anytime soon unless a 2008 scenario unravels, which doesn't seem likely at this point.
vinny84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 06:19 AM   #27
Bizcut1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126331 126610 3861
Quote:
What's the word I'm searching for here...
Bizcut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 06:20 AM   #28
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Someone school me please.....

The incredible demand for Models, empty display cases, how does that help Rolex? Of course I understand that a high demand for your product is good for any manufacturer, but every page on the website says: “Contact your nearest Rolex Dealer” If you buy a Rolex through a dealer you pay MSRP. How does the lack of inventory help the AD? You have 10 Watches, sell 10 watches and get 10 watches worth of profit. Have one watch, sell one watch and get one watch worth of profit. And Rolex doesn’t make money when ADs don’t sell watches(?).

The only way I see the ADs benefitting is if they sell a watch to a Gray at above MSRP. I am not saying this is how it’s done, but that way, the AD would make more, but again, Rolex itself would still make the same amount; their price to the AD.

So for the company Rolex, how does low-availability translate to higher profits?
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 06:20 AM   #29
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
Quote:

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2020, 06:29 AM   #30
Rodolfo_4
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankapdx View Post
Sorry my friend but you can not just go into Ferrari with $300k and buy any model you want.
Thanks man

You know what i am saying

For the OP

Try to go buy a GT3 at a porsche dealership, you will know what rolex is doing

And all this brand are running the sane business model

Welcome to the 2020
Rodolfo_4 is offline   Reply With Quote