The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 1 June 2024, 03:27 PM   #1
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
European collectors of Journe/independents

I moved to Geneva a few months ago from Los Angeles and thinking of being horologically active again (is that a term lol)- wondering how folks in Europe meet up and/or trade watches. There are some dealers around - will they be the best people to make introductions to other collectors?
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2024, 08:22 PM   #2
sinkholeninja
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ocean 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearxj86 View Post
I moved to Geneva a few months ago from Los Angeles and thinking of being horologically active again (is that a term lol)- wondering how folks in Europe meet up and/or trade watches. There are some dealers around - will they be the best people to make introductions to other collectors?
Hi, I moved from London, to Switzerland and now live in Italy, so feel free to DM me. Happy to share advice and experience.
Old 2 June 2024, 05:24 AM   #3
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

Just use protection
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2024, 05:24 PM   #4
charger_vital
"TRF" Member

Watch: LF Sport & Pepsi
Dealer - Pietro Tomajer (together with Jonny and Oliver) from The Limited Edition (UK) are active with groups in Geneva. They put on a lot of events, and are an incredible dealer in the independent space. I have purchased a couple of pieces from them.

AHCI - at L'icebergues in Geneva hosts several independent watch making events throughout the year. (Probably the best resource of independents specifically). The bonus of this group is that you get close and personal with all of the the watchmakers, who also attend the events.

Turicumwatchgroup - is a watch collecting group in Zurich who travels widely throughout Switzerland. I've personally found it difficult to get invited to the events, however, despite my attempts to reach out. They told me they are looking for people who are active in watch enthusiasm beyond just their group and their group events, which I've interpreted to mean that my instragram account didn't pass muster since I am pretty active in the non virtual space... Kind of a cunty approach, I think, but I try not to take it personally.

In any case, those are a few good resources to start with. Also, I live in Basel and have an office in Geneva. Feel free to DM me.
charger_vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2024, 07:51 PM   #5
ILoveFerrari
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post
Just use protection
Love it. This is a good one

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
ILoveFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2024, 08:47 AM   #6
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Check Art In Time Monaco - outstanding place to buy indie and unique pieces. Yohann, Director, has a lot of events in Geneva. He is amazing!
rockdrock is online now   Reply With Quote