The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 23 January 2013, 05:44 AM   #1
Stoner319
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing You Sleep
Omega AD 15% Discount

Went in to the only Omega AD anywhere near my area yesterday. The sales girl informed me that their company has "negotiated with Omega" and offers their watches at 15% off the MSRP.

My intial thought is bullpucks that they basically just offer them at 15% off to move them. Am I correct in this assumption or do most AD's not really offer any discount right off the top?

They actually had an OK selection but even at 15% off till you tack taxes back on you aren't saving even 10% off retail. I did not try to negotiate further as at that specific moment I was not ready to purchase another watch anyway. Does make me wonder if they would cut prices even deeper though.

Thoughts anyone?
Stoner319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2013, 05:51 AM   #2
Cuts33
"TRF" Member

Any chance you went to Jared?
Cuts33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2013, 05:56 AM   #3
WyoWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 GMT and Sub C
I don't know about most retailers but the last 3 Omegas I bought were all 30% off MSRP from two different ADs. Your mileage may vary.
WyoWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2013, 07:01 AM   #4
Stoner319
"TRF" Member

Haha funny enough it was Jared. They are sadly the only AD close. There used to be others but they have pulled out in the last couple years.

I see Omegas on here all the time BNIB in the 20%-30% off range from respected sellers. Did not really expect AD's to follow suit so I find that you have bought them at that rate rather interesting.
Old 23 January 2013, 07:17 AM   #5
Cuts33
"TRF" Member

Figures. They used the same line with me once.

I don't see Jared being around much longer to be honest with you in terms of being an AD for Omega.

30% is pretty aggressive. I would be surprised if you could still get that on a new model unless its solid gold or something. But 20-25% seems doable based on what others have reported on here.

My suggestion is figure out what you want and then if you want to purchase from an AD ask for private messages from others with the contact info for ones they recommend and have used in the past.
Cuts33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2013, 07:34 AM   #6
WyoWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 GMT and Sub C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoner319 View Post
Haha funny enough it was Jared. They are sadly the only AD close. There used to be others but they have pulled out in the last couple years.

I see Omegas on here all the time BNIB in the 20%-30% off range from respected sellers. Did not really expect AD's to follow suit so I find that you have bought them at that rate rather interesting.
30% is about the top of what you can get off a BNIB Omega from a dealer. The one thing I did not mention is that I have a very good working relationship with both dealers and had bought quite a few other watches from them before we got to the 30% off level. Just anyone walking in off the street probably wouldn't get such a deal.
WyoWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2013, 08:07 AM   #7
jmsrolls
Banned

Same thing happened to me at a local Jared's. I walked out into the parking lot and called my longtime dealer on my cell. Better discount and no sales tax.

Check your email.
jmsrolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2013, 08:24 AM   #8
Stoner319
"TRF" Member

I figured that you had a relationship with a particular dealer to get that kind of discount. Sounds like a pretty good deal.

I know Friar John has and AD that everyone talks about being the best price wise. I always assumed a 20%-25% discount there but I know it varies by model.

I was struck by the Speedmaster Pro they had in the showcase. Sadly where I live I see Rolex all day long but any Omega sports model is almost non-existant. It was really my first chance to fondle it and I liked it.
Old 23 January 2013, 08:24 AM   #9
Stoner319
"TRF" Member

Thanks Fr. John I'll check it out!
Old 23 January 2013, 08:32 AM   #10
mikkibarry
"TRF" Member

Watch: Your Six
A semi new Omega AD opened in the Tyson's Galleria. We stopped in there on the way to L&B across the way. Beautiful watches. Given their rent i doubt they'd take anything off. There's a Jared across the street. Never been there.
mikkibarry is offline   Reply With Quote