The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watch Reviews (Non-Rolex)

Old 12 December 2012, 11:29 PM   #1
malarky_hk
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Zenith Elite Ultra Thin Lady Moonphase

Earlier this year, I decided to buy my wife a nice watch in appreciation of everything she’s does. But then came the question of what to buy? Being a self-professed WIS, this was not going to be an easy task. And so, the hunt began and this took a number of months before we finally decided. So, without further ado, I present the Zenith Elite Ultra Thin Lady Moonphase.

1.JPG

Styling

We choose the stainless steel version with a diamond bezel. At first glance, the words refinement, elegance, and femininity come to mind. The subtle and well paired colour scheme of the stainless steel case, gray alligator strap, rhodium faceted hands, silver guilloche dial blend harmoniously. The moonphase feature with the blue sky gives the watch just a touch of colour to make this piece pop without being overly flashy. The colour of the moon and the stars are matched to that of the dial.

The guilloche work on the dial is superb. With a quick glimpse of the dial, even to the untrained eye, the quality of the craftsmanship is apparent. The main part of the dial features a diamond pattern with a ring of concentric circles as the small seconds sub dial at 9 o'clock. The moonphase at 6 o'clock features a sunburst pattern.

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

My only beef with the dial is the lack of applied indices. At this price range, this feature should be a standard offering. However, the ink transferred markers does not detract from the overall quality and presentation of this piece.

The gray alligator strap features a soft protective rubber lining which helps prevent moisture from the wearer's wrist from transferring onto the strap and damaging the leather. Zenith used a basic pin buckle with a Zenith Star logo rather than a preferred deployant mechanism.

Case and Movement

As the name indicates, this is a thin watch. It is powered by Zenith's in-house Elite 692 movement measuring only 3.97mm in thickness. Housed in a polished stainless steel case with a curved sapphire crystal with AR treatment on both sides, the overall thickness of the watch is 8.65mm. The movement beats at 28,800 VpH and has a power reserve of 50 hours.

5.jpg

Turn the watch over and the transparent sapphire crystal case back exhibits the other side of this beauty. The movement is decorated with perlage and Côtes de Genève finishing.

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

Both the missus and I are very pleased with this time piece.

Technical specs:

Movement: Elite 692, automatic
Thickness: 3.97 mm
Components: 195
Jewels: 27
Frequency: 28,800 VpH – (4 Hz)
Power Reserve: min. 50 hours
Case Diameter: 33mm
Case Height: 8.65mm
Material: Stainless Steel
Crystal: Sapphire with double AR
Water Resistance: 3 ATM
malarky_hk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2012, 02:54 AM   #2
joe100
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Explorer
Now that is a nice watch!
Old 14 December 2012, 07:20 PM   #3
malarky_hk
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Thanks Joe. The wife is really liking it a lot. Now...that I've got her somewhat into watches, it just makes it easier for myself to pick up that next piece.
malarky_hk is offline   Reply With Quote