The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 8 January 2017, 12:57 AM   #1
buster04
"TRF" Member

Help, damage from jewelry cleaner- faded bezel

Ok. Dumb move. I left my vintage Moon watch in jewelry cleaner for almost 2 days. It removed the black ink from the back of the watch and also faded the bezel. Of course the water line left a portion 80-65 untouched as this part sat above the cleaner. Any ideas on how to fix?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg watch.jpg (94.8 KB, 297 views)
File Type: jpg watch2.jpg (133.5 KB, 301 views)
buster04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2017, 09:07 AM   #2
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Oh man, sorry to hear that. From now on, use this stuff:

https://www.wristclean.com/collections/wrist-clean

That and a soft brush with warm water does the trick and doesn't even take so long. I even dangle my bracelets into my ultrasonic cleaner once a week (I'm obsessed with keeping them as clean as new). For that I just use a diluted dish soap mixture in the warm water. So no need for any chemicals at all in the future.

If you don't want it to remain this way you'll need the new bezel and case back.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2017, 10:18 AM   #3
Justinmg
"TRF" Member

Watch: PO
And I would have all the ORings replaced since they were soaking in a chemical for 2 days. If it dissolved ink I'm sure it can damage rubber. That really sucks, hope u can fix it

Does it do anything? It tells the time.
Justinmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2017, 11:04 AM   #4
RolexZen
"TRF" Member

Watch: No Rolex
OP's first post after 6 years. Not buying it.
RolexZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2017, 02:39 PM   #5
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW16610 View Post
Oh man, sorry to hear that. From now on, use this stuff:

https://www.wristclean.com/collections/wrist-clean
Do you know the ingredients in that? I checked their website, and they don't say. I've been using eyeglass lens cleaning spray on my watches for years without incident. I wouldn't be surprised if the two are pretty similar.

Buster, I'm sorry about your watch. I agree with RW, though: the only way to get it re-enameled is to send it into Omega. An indy might be able to do it, but I wouldn't chance it. I concur on the gasket issue, too. At a minimum, have the watch pressure tested, and don't get it near water until you do.
JacksonStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2017, 03:46 AM   #6
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

I'm not 100% sure what's in it but if that works for you and you've had no issues I see no reason to stop. I only use the Wrist Clean stuff as a finishing product. Apparently it removes the film all soaps leave (including dish soap). The luster seen on the metal after makes this more clear. Also, I'm by no means affiliated with them in any way but based on my results over the years, I swear by their products.
Old 9 January 2017, 06:44 AM   #7
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
I'm not 100% sure what's in it but if that works for you and you've had no issues I see no reason to stop. I only use the Wrist Clean stuff as a finishing product. Apparently it removes the film all soaps leave (including dish soap). The luster seen on the metal after makes this more clear. Also, I'm by no means affiliated with them in any way but based on my results over the years, I swear by their products.
Sounds like it might be worth a shot. Are they sold anywhere other than their website?
Old 9 January 2017, 10:14 PM   #8
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

As far as I know their site is the only place to get it. For all I know maybe they have some listed on eBay or sold on Amazon. I bought mine a long time ago and bought A LOT of stock. It lasts me pretty long which is nice. After you've found a place to get it report back with the results, I know you'll be happy.
Old 10 January 2017, 10:52 AM   #9
JacksonStone
Banned

Quote:
As far as I know their site is the only place to get it. For all I know maybe they have some listed on eBay or sold on Amazon. I bought mine a long time ago and bought A LOT of stock. It lasts me pretty long which is nice. After you've found a place to get it report back with the results, I know you'll be happy.
Will do. Thanks.