The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 29 November 2017, 02:23 PM   #1
Lexxxus
"TRF" Member

Fat Lady GMT bracelet

Close to 4 years ago, I sent a well worn GMT Fat Lady into Rolex Canada for a full restoration. https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=342110

Some members were horrified that I would "molest" an older classic. I had no regrets then and none today. I end up with a pristine GMT that I will probably never sell. It is still almost as cherry as when it came back and I almost forgot I had them return the original bracelet to me. They disassembled it, polished and cleaned it. It looks like new save for a teeny-weeny dent in one of the end links.

Had I known how nicely it would clean up I might not have replaced it.

It's just sitting in the suede bag and I was wondering what value should be placed on it? As mentioned, It has the end links (restored as well)

It has a little stretch but it looks like new after they restored it. As mentioned, it has the end links as well. Might be short a link or two.

I know people will say "don't break up the set" but the originality of the watch is not that important to me. I may be in the minority but "if it ain't MY patina, I'm not that attached to it".

I'm saving up for an 18K sub and will be selling off some of my other makes to finance it and figured I might sell it as well.

The Fat Lady is not a five figure watch regardless of condition so it's not like I'm parting out a 50 year old Sub.

On a further note, the watch had some corrosion on the face and hands and only a bit of lume on one marker so I was very happy to get it back looking like brand new.

Curious as to what value the original bracelet has.

Lx
Lexxxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2017, 08:17 AM   #2
Lexxxus
"TRF" Member

Anyone?
Lexxxus is offline   Reply With Quote