The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 25 September 2021, 07:08 PM   #1
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Urwerk comments?

Hello hello, I wanted to check with Urwerk owners on their experience with their timepieces. Urwerk team seem awesome, it is a 20+ year company, passionate, their designs unusual (personal taste), original way to look at time, and their products appear to be well executed. However, I don’t know know specifics like: How is their service? Reliability? Wearing experience? what made you get one and what drew you into the brand? I am not seeing much from them on this forum so thought I’d ask.

I like their “basic” UR 110 models especially the more wearable ones and highly considering one. Unfortunately, I will need to also buy a spacesuit to go with the watch. ;)

Photo credit: Monochrome Watches
rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2021, 10:27 PM   #2
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Don't own one but find them very cool. Expensive though. You need to be able to appreciate their looks and the ingenious and creative movements.
Old 26 September 2021, 12:37 AM   #3
Theothergreg
"TRF" Member

Watch: this and that
I have loved Urwerk since the Opus V and followed them throughout the years. The UR-100 (which you have pictured) is a great watch. I purchased mine because it is the easiest model to wear while keeping the Urwerk DNA, very well made and is just plain fun. Recently it has gotten the most wrist time in my collection.

I have not yet used Urwerk service, but have had interaction with the company and they have been awesome from top (yes, Martin and Felix directly) to bottom. They care about their customers and are incredibly responsive. In terms of customer experience, I would say that Urwerk and MB&F have been tops for me so far.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UR100.jpg (212.0 KB, 171 views)
Theothergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2021, 10:09 PM   #4
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

@theo, thanks for the comments and great pic on your Urwerk. It looks great on you. How is the lume?
rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2021, 10:30 PM   #5
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theothergreg View Post
In terms of customer experience, I would say that Urwerk and MB&F have been tops for me so far.
Great info, those brands are on my radar for future fun
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2021, 12:09 AM   #6
Theothergreg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdrock View Post
@theo, thanks for the comments and great pic on your Urwerk. It looks great on you. How is the lume?
Lume on the orange is not that great. The way it was explained to me is that green and white are the brightest and then yellow is a slight step down. Orange is something like 20% less bright than yellow.

I love the orange and black combination and it's quite legible during the day. If you want one that pops in the dark, go green or white.

Good luck in your search!
Old 27 September 2021, 12:18 AM   #7
Theothergreg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Great info, those brands are on my radar for future fun
I've been really impressed with both brands. Once you are a member of the owner's group (or, with MB&F, the Tribe), they really treat you wonderfully. They have such a great appreciation for those that love their work and support their companies, and express it often in many special ways.
Old 27 September 2021, 02:44 AM   #8
Jay (Eire)
2024 Pledge Member

I bought this not long after release so it’s been 3 or so years. Pretty regular wrist time for the first two years or so and that’s only changed in the last 15-16 months as I’m not wearing a watch (any watch) so much (I generally don’t wear at watch at home and I’ve been WFH all this time).

No reliability issues, and I’ve not heard much or anything about reliability issues from friends / owners.

Why? In part because I was tired of looking at the same thing. In part because I wanted something 99.99% of the general public and 90% of the watch crowd wouldn’t notice. In part because I do like Indies.

I had been looking at, trying on, talking about Urwerk since I first had one on the wrist in 2012. At the time that watch, 103, didn’t feel right on my wrist. I kept retuning to the 103, and then the 105. Still no dice. Although I was close on one of the 105 (T-Rex). The 103-105 was the focus as I thought these were best for my wrist (note ,my 105-CT wears better IMO on my wrist than the recent 100).

It was always a question of wearability. How did the watch look on my wrist. Was I wearing the watch or was the watch wearing me? (The same question I have with MB&F, and other more traditional watches too).

Finally the 105-CT came along and having tried each of the initial models on several times I was convinced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jay (Eire) is offline   Reply With Quote