The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 25 June 2021, 11:56 PM   #1
Nthz
"TRF" Member

Need some advice

Hi all,

Currently own a panda 26331st ROC. Its a beautiful watch but I always have a thing for see through caseback. And it seems that the new ROC will be launching in 2022?

I am also very interested in the new rose gold ROO 26420RO.OO.A002CA.01.

I got the ROC via grey at retail price but I want to start building a profile with AP boutique directly.

Is this route crazy/logical if I buy the new rose gold ROO to start > sell 26331st panda > (wait for the new ROC to launch then buy it.) / 15500st Blue?

Does it make sense? Hopefully this way I can slowly build up my profile.
Nthz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2021, 12:15 AM   #2
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

I would 100% do that because the ROC was originally purchased second hand.

Some caveats though. I'd want to make sure the size fits for your wrist. This model sits tall!!! No long sleaves here, but probably not a problem in Singapore. Also, it's unlikely you'll get the RG ROO this year since bigger spenders that want the new version will likely get them first, so more likely scenario it will be next year before you get the ROO. But that's probably not a problem either since the future to be new ROC will also have the same VIP cycle to work through.

Finally, the real most important consideration is case height of the future new ROC versus the one you have now. Worst case scenario you spend 15k SGD to reverse the decision, but at least it's reversible if you end up not liking the outcome.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2021, 10:50 AM   #3
Nthz
"TRF" Member

Thanks for your advice. I am probably gonna see if I can try the physical watch.
Nthz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2021, 04:59 PM   #4
Bbp
"TRF" Member

Btw i have the same panda which i like it thinner and the actuation feel of the FP 1185 is much more refine and smoother than the new 4401 movement. Another route is to consider putting the profit (since u bot the 26331st at retail price)into the code chrono and the new roc and blue 15500st may land sooner than expected. The new cerami code chrono is beautiful but u must see it in the flesh to decide if it suits u.
Bbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2021, 11:47 AM   #5
Duckman25
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nthz View Post
Hi all,

Currently own a panda 26331st ROC. Its a beautiful watch but I always have a thing for see through caseback. And it seems that the new ROC will be launching in 2022?

I am also very interested in the new rose gold ROO 26420RO.OO.A002CA.01.

I got the ROC via grey at retail price but I want to start building a profile with AP boutique directly.

Is this route crazy/logical if I buy the new rose gold ROO to start > sell 26331st panda > (wait for the new ROC to launch then buy it.) / 15500st Blue?

Does it make sense? Hopefully this way I can slowly build up my profile.
The way things are being released these days seems very speculative.
Duckman25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2021, 11:16 PM   #6
Knoxx
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP JLC IWC
hi.. ROO 26420RO is a HOT model atm, there will be a long line for it. Honestly without purchase history it will be hard to get

perhaps you can get ROO 42mm to start a relation
Knoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2021, 11:30 PM   #7
robbonds
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROO
Good luck getting an allocation on a brand new, much anticipated release of the the new ROC chrono....just sayin...good luck with your decision!
Old 2 July 2021, 11:45 PM   #8
Reign
"TRF" Member

Here’s what I would do,

Go into the boutique wearing your ROC and tell them you’d like to get the new ROO but be upfront that you got it grey and want to build a long term relationship with them.

I think the ROO in RG is definitely doable and in general the ROOs aren’t as popular at ROs.

Let them know after you get the ROO that you’d like a blue 15500 or new ROC. I think the new ROC is possible in 2022 if (I) they actually release it in SS next year and (II) you have flexibility around dial colors. Blue dials have always been harder to get so any flexibility in preferences will help your case.

This all might take some time but AP are a reasonable bunch and if you’re serious about the brand, it’ll happen over time
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote