The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28 April 2013, 08:10 AM   #1
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
5119 wow.

I had the day off yesterday so of course I went out to look at watches. My main target was the Lange 1, I liked it.

My wife wanted to go to Tiffany & Co and they had a few pieces I had been wanting to check out. The first one I noticed was the 5196P. Originally I had been interested in this guy until I found out it doesn't have a crystal case back. Seeing it in person confirmed that it wasn't for me.

Next was a 5124G, I quite liked this one. It reminds me of the JLC Reverso which I also enjoy. The new 5200 reference is something I'd probably really like if I had the funds and luck to get one.

The title of course is the 5119J. This watch is just stunning and if I had the space on my card I would have probably bought it even though it had the Tiffany dial. They just got it and put it in the case hours earlier so I was the first person to try it on. I had no idea how intoxicating it would be, I went from 6 to midnight almost immediately. My wife said she preferred the rose gold Lange 1 on me but the 5119 had that PP feel where you put it on and know it is special.

Oddly at Tourneau they had a 3919 and I didn't get the same feeling from it.
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote