The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 April 2020, 09:59 PM   #1
bigmacdog
"TRF" Member

Rolex GMT Batman question

Hello all,

I recently purchased the Rolex 126710 BLNR or the Batman on the jubilee from chrono24. The watch came with box and papers. The seller was a new verified dealer only had one review under his belt.

When the watch first arrived, the first thing I did was match the serial number from the warranty card, white swing tag and rehaul with each other. I then inspected the movement and everything seemed to be working accordingly (jump hour, date switch, gmt hand, hacking, etc..).
In an ideal scenario, I would take the watch to a watch maker to inspect the movement from the inside in order to authenticate it. However, due to all that been going on around the world, my local AD and watch repair stores are all closed.

I am fairly confident that my watch is not a replica but I am looking for that someone to put me at ease. Any tips on what-else I could to do make sure the watch is in fact authentic?

Thank you
bigmacdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2020, 10:16 PM   #2
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Gee, perplexing situation. Not sure I would have entered into a transaction where the seller could not be researched to a high degree of satisfaction. I’ve never seen a replica movement in person but aren’t they slightly imperfect? There should be lots of photos online to compare hopefully...
Old 26 April 2020, 10:22 PM   #3
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Buying on chrono from someone who has 1 transaction???? You have more balls than brains....post pics of the dial and warranty card and maybe we can help
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2020, 10:32 PM   #4
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmacdog View Post
Hello all,

I recently purchased the Rolex 126710 BLNR or the Batman on the jubilee from chrono24. The watch came with box and papers. The seller was a new verified dealer only had one review under his belt.

When the watch first arrived, the first thing I did was match the serial number from the warranty card, white swing tag and rehaul with each other. I then inspected the movement and everything seemed to be working accordingly (jump hour, date switch, gmt hand, hacking, etc..).
In an ideal scenario, I would take the watch to a watch maker to inspect the movement from the inside in order to authenticate it. However, due to all that been going on around the world, my local AD and watch repair stores are all closed.

I am fairly confident that my watch is not a replica but I am looking for that someone to put me at ease. Any tips on what-else I could to do make sure the watch is in fact authentic?

Thank you
Can never understand these types of threads in the real world you have already bought the watch and now you have a worry it might not be authentic.Its a bit late now seeing you have the watch in your possession there is a saying always buy the seller before the watch.You say all the GMT functions as they should well thats a good sign as many of the not genuine Rolex do not.Plus the fact you state you have the paperwork and that all checks out.And today unless you have it checked by a Rolex trained watchmaker many other watchmakers would not be able to tell 100% if the movement was correct.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2020, 10:36 PM   #5
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Did the seller have a good rating on C24? Positive Feedback?

As Peter said above, these days you really have to but the seller
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2020, 11:07 PM   #6
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Google the seller for reviews/ complaints.

If he is a one time seller I would not have bought it. Doesn't mean the watch is wrong though.
Old 26 April 2020, 11:44 PM   #7
RoscoPico
"TRF" Member

Watch: ingMe,WatchingYou.
tough one. theoretically every seller has 1 feedback at a given time. if you're pretty certain it's legit i might not worry about it.
but i have definitely encountered and heard of stories of these realistic fakes. i think it's such a shame they exist.
in the meanwhile, enjoy the timepiece
RoscoPico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2020, 11:52 PM   #8
DJ39
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT
Dont's worry about it; just find someone who can open it and get it checked.

Instead of worrying about it, do something about it and you will fell better.
DJ39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2020, 12:04 AM   #9
Bill_H
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD4K
See this thread
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=716674

Also, if you post clear pictures on here some members are good at spotting problems. Check out the Watch Out! Sub forum here.
Bill_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2020, 12:07 AM   #10
spare
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513
3 possibilities:
1. you bought a genuine Rolex
2. you bought a low-quality rep
3. you bought a high-quality rep

If 2, you should be able to identify flaws quite easily: look at the print on the dial, is the coronet laser etched at 6 in the crystal, does the feeling of the winding stem feel smooth, is the rehaut text etched in a quality manner? Some of these should be observable with the naked eye, but a loupe should be able to provide definitive judgment. Quality of the clasp is a sure tell as well.

If 3 it will be much more difficult, as these are increasingly more difficult to identify.
One sure way to tell for me (yes, I've had reps in my hands) is by the sound of the movement. Modern SS Rolexes (I have no experience with PM) make a high pitched metallic sound. If you have another genuine Rolex, just put it next to your ear and compare it with another automatic movement. You should identify it after a couple of seconds. In my experience rep movements make a different type of noise. Again, clasp quality is often a very good indicator here as well, but only if you've handled genuine Rolexes before (ideally simultaneously).
Old 27 April 2020, 12:11 AM   #11
kauffee
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LN, 116500LN
Don’t have the watch opened. The warranty card should have the AD’s name on it. Contact the AD and confirm they originally sold the watch. That will give you the answer.
kauffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2020, 12:19 AM   #12
mfserge
Banned

Watch: YM40 Rhodium
How did you inspect the movement? What size screwdriver did you use to remove the case back?
mfserge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2020, 01:50 AM   #13
D.P.G.
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710 BLNR (2019)
Does the dial have a tiny Rolex crown at 6 o'clock between the words Swiss and Made? If not you have a problem, if yes my confidence level of authenticity would go up. Another thing to look for and you will need a light and magnifying glass is a Rolex crown laser etched in the crystal again at the 6 o'clock position this one is nearly impossible to fake.
D.P.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2020, 02:18 AM   #14
badindianswamp
"TRF" Member

Just looking at Chrono24. There are pages of BLNR's on Jubilee bracelets for sale. Why did you choose this particular seller?
badindianswamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2020, 02:30 AM   #15
Rori
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P.G. View Post
Does the dial have a tiny Rolex crown at 6 o'clock between the words Swiss and Made? If not you have a problem, if yes my confidence level of authenticity would go up. Another thing to look for and you will need a light and magnifying glass is a Rolex crown laser etched in the crystal again at the 6 o'clock position this one is nearly impossible to fake.

Unfortunate, both crown at 6 o’clock and etched crown are being faked to perfection.
As many mentioned above, online purchases of such items should be done through extremely trusted sellers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 27 April 2020, 02:33 AM   #16
AD337
"TRF" Member

If you need any specific pics to compare let me know because I’ve got a ton of pics of mine which I purchased new from AD

AD337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2020, 02:36 AM   #17
007timer
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
OP why don’t you post some pictures here. There is also a section “watch out” that is very helpful. Usually I would use it prior to making a purchase, but this would work too.

I have bought from a trusted seller and even then, I picked up the phone and had the original AD validate that they sold that watch, on that date at the location on the card.

007timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2020, 02:37 AM   #18
Flintstone
"TRF" Member

JUST. BUY. FROM. AD.

then you never have to second guess yourself.
Flintstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2020, 03:14 AM   #19
socalwatchcollector
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pateks Plural
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintstone View Post
JUST. BUY. FROM. AD.

+1 Buy the seller is a load of crap. All that means is to pay some ridiculous price to a grey for a mass produced-basic watch.
socalwatchcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2020, 03:17 AM   #20
RBradleigh
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570 Polar
Rolex GMT Batman question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintstone View Post
JUST. BUY. FROM. AD.

Not incredibly helpful, how often can someone get a BLNR from an AD these days?

For all intents and purpose let’s assume no buying history and not bundling with a PM piece

Also I take a little offense to the do not buy from a “private seller” with minimal feedback comment.

I bought my at the time 2 month old 114060 from a private seller via C24 last year and used the escrow service with no issues. Great watch and very happy with the purchase.

A couple of months ago I sold an El Primero via C24’s (my 1st C24 sale) escrow service with 0 issue and within a month of posting & a price I was very satisfied with. I took the 6.5% vig to C24 as mere convenience and as a “private seller” much better than 13% hit i would have taken on ebay.

Not shilling for C24 here but they did as much as they could to protect the buyer as I had to show multiple pics of the dial at certain time/date + I think I had to send a photo of my WA license.
Old 27 April 2020, 03:44 AM   #21
Rocco21
Banned

Watch: 126660,126600
Fake rolexes don’t keep time well and the date will start to be off center so as long as keeping good time and date and crown is smooth it’s prob legit.
Rocco21 is offline   Reply With Quote