The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 12 December 2021, 10:12 PM   #1
Rmatlanta
"TRF" Member

Views on 5968a

Just wondering what people who have this watch think about it. How does it fit compared to say a sub or daytona? I’m guessing it’s pretty easily scratched? How robust is the chrono (firm pushers or susceptible to being pushed easily?). Do you wear it more or less than you expected, and why?

Thanks for any views.
Rmatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2021, 10:35 PM   #2
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Both watches scratch easily if you are not careful. The Aquanaut at the bezel, the Daytona at the PCL. Pushers wise the Daytona has screw down pushers so its not susceptible to accidental presses, while the Aquanaut's pushers are quite robust. I love both but I prefer the Aquanaut mainly because of the rubber strap and in some ways, its more low profile. People don't really think much when they see a rubber strap watch and that's the beauty of it, though that has gradually changed recently....
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2021, 11:01 PM   #3
ts3
"TRF" Member

I have played with it at the Geneva Salon before getting on the wait list at the AD.

Size was my main concern. It wears a lot larger than a Daytona. Borderline ok for my 6.6 inch wrists. The bezel will scratch easily just like on any Patek sports watch but it won't get scratches from just looking at it like the PM variants.

Would I wear it a lot or even daily? Probably not as I prefer 5711 blue for its simplicity. In situations where I'd benefit from the chrono I want a watch that can truly take a beating w/o looking the part which 5968A is not.
ts3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2021, 11:33 PM   #4
HopWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/PP
As an owner of both there’s no comparison. Aquanaut is next level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HopWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2021, 01:50 AM   #5
vandyologist
2024 Pledge Member

Views on 5968a

I have a 5968g green and it wears larger than a Submariner or Daytona. The bezel does scratch easily and mine more so given that it’s white gold. The chronograph pushers are perfect and I wear it about as much as I expected. It’s not an office watch but wears great. I was worried about the size on my 6.5” wrists but find the bulk a nice change from most of my other (smaller) watches.

vandyologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2021, 06:02 AM   #6
Top_Clock
"TRF" Member

My main concern about this watch is that hour and minute hand covers the date window
Top_Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2021, 10:24 AM   #7
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyologist View Post
I have a 5968g green and it wears larger than a Submariner or Daytona. The bezel does scratch easily and mine more so given that it’s white gold. The chronograph pushers are perfect and I wear it about as much as I expected. It’s not an office watch but wears great. I was worried about the size on my 6.5” wrists but find the bulk a nice change from most of my other (smaller) watches.

The size looks perfect for your wrist. Have you considered the blue one or the 5968A? My first choice is the 5968a as I love the orange hand and strap but was told that it would be a very long wait.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2021, 10:37 AM   #8
vandyologist
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
The size looks perfect for your wrist. Have you considered the blue one or the 5968A? My first choice is the 5968a as I love the orange hand and strap but was told that it would be a very long wait.

Out of the three this is the one for me. I have two other steel aquanauts so the gold is a nice change and I have a bunch of other blue watches.

5968a is very tough to come by for sure.
vandyologist is offline   Reply With Quote