The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 April 2024, 07:54 AM   #1
7enderbender
"TRF" Member

Planning for purchases - distance from AD

So, I’m sorting out to get ready for a purchase - or probably two in the near future. When I lived in Europe and in a northeast metropolitan area this wouldn’t have been an issue. I would’ve stopped by one of the locations that carry Rolex and see what they have and otherwise how to get on a list for what I want.
Thing is that I moved to a more rural area and any AD is about 2-3 h away in any direction. Don’t know any of them, have never bought anything there.
Obviously, I can start with a phone call and explain that and see where that leads. I’m not opposed to making an initial trip if it sounds like people take the request seriously.
Looking to (probably) get a 28mm Lady Datejust (steel, jubilee, white dial, Roman numerals) and a 36mm green dial DJ (steel, jubilee) for myself. Not expecting that they’ll have those just lying around but I don’t think those are hot models that take years to get either.

This would be in North Florida (ideally Jacksonville) or perhaps Atlanta.

Thoughts? Any concerns with approach Mayors for this? How do they treat their different locations? Completely independently?

Edit: looks like the Jacksonville location is no more - which makes the whole thing even more challenging.
7enderbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2024, 08:31 AM   #2
bkay001
2024 Pledge Member

Moving to a more rural area can make things a bit trickier, but it's great that you're considering reaching out to the authorised dealers. Starting with a phone call to explain your situation and preferences sounds like a solid plan.
bkay001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2024, 08:58 AM   #3
DC116710LN
"TRF" Member

Starting with a phone call seems like a good first step. The watches you listed are not high demand so I would imagine you'd be able to procure them with some effort and patience.
DC116710LN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2024, 09:50 AM   #4
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Agree with above. Call the 2 nearest you, and explain your dilemma and what you are looking to buy. That will double your chances. I think it will work out, since your want list are not super hard together models. The 36 mint green DJ may be a bit of a wait.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2024, 09:55 AM   #5
Hodog16
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG Olive DD40
I have a contact in Jacksonville that I can pass along to you--send me a PM.
Hodog16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2024, 09:59 AM   #6
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
In the current Rolex market, calling ADs is of no benefit. You need to stop by in person to express your interest. This becomes harder and harder for so many people as ADs disappear from the market.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2024, 10:22 AM   #7
2loaded
"TRF" Member

Watch: es watches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
In the current Rolex market, calling ADs is of no benefit. You need to stop by in person to express your interest. This becomes harder and harder for so many people as ADs disappear from the market.
Correct - ^ This ^
You will also need to provide a utility bill to prove residency
2loaded is offline   Reply With Quote