The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 9 June 2024, 03:31 AM   #1
narkotic
"TRF" Member

My first AP

The venerable 26470IO.OO.A006CA.01 AKA "Ghost". I recall seeing someone here on the forum saying they were responsible for that nickname. Curious of it's origins?

Love the titanium for it's weight savings and ceramic parts as i'm clumsy. Hopefully this older model doesn't have movement issues like the newer ones?

Also no papers just box, I've heard I can get the papers any ideas how?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_1505.jpeg (284.5 KB, 982 views)
narkotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2024, 06:01 AM   #2
BogdanS
"TRF" Member

You will not have the original papers that the first owner got when bought the watch but you can request for Extract from Archives from AP, that contains relevant info about the watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BogdanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2024, 06:32 AM   #3
narkotic
"TRF" Member

Ah. Got it.
Old 9 June 2024, 07:14 PM   #4
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Congrats
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2024, 02:31 AM   #5
Armis
"TRF" Member

Looks great!
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2024, 02:47 AM   #6
value.target
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, PP
Congratulations on your first AP... Must be an amazing feeling to have it on your wrist
Old 10 June 2024, 02:55 AM   #7
Bazil
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Any Daytona
Enjoy ! …
Bazil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2024, 03:26 AM   #8
shafran
"TRF" Member

AP now requires the watch to go to clearwater for the archive papers.
shafran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2024, 03:27 AM   #9
shafran
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by narkotic View Post
The venerable 26470IO.OO.A006CA.01 AKA "Ghost". I recall seeing someone here on the forum saying they were responsible for that nickname. Curious of it's origins?

Love the titanium for it's weight savings and ceramic parts as i'm clumsy. Hopefully this older model doesn't have movement issues like the newer ones?

Beautiful watch, I have it too!
Old 10 June 2024, 03:30 AM   #10
GWL2
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610ln, 116710ln
Congrats!

GWL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2024, 06:02 AM   #11
edo
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Congrats... love to see Ghost name being used 6 years after I created it here on TRF... even ADs and dealers use it widely...

Contrary of believe that nickname came from the gray shades of the watch, the real story is that during SIHH 2018 days we could find a bunch of pics of all AP releases but not that one... and AP kept changing info of colors, materials used for the watch, it started with steel, changed to Ti, from ceremet to black and grey ceramic bezel and then it completely disappear from the website... and I came with this post and everybody from that moment started to call it Ghost on TRF...

https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...9&postcount=64

Was surprised after that that I saw the nickname on DavidSW webiste and a few other tusted dealers on Chrono24, and a guy in Rome, Italy boutique also called it Ghost...
edo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2024, 09:13 AM   #12
Urosfan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me now
Congrats

Urosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2024, 10:50 AM   #13
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo View Post
Congrats... love to see Ghost name being used 6 years after I created it here on TRF... even ADs and dealers use it widely...

Contrary of believe that nickname came from the gray shades of the watch, the real story is that during SIHH 2018 days we could find a bunch of pics of all AP releases but not that one... and AP kept changing info of colors, materials used for the watch, it started with steel, changed to Ti, from ceremet to black and grey ceramic bezel and then it completely disappear from the website... and I came with this post and everybody from that moment started to call it Ghost on TRF...
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2024, 11:26 AM   #14
narkotic
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Was surprised after that that I saw the nickname on DavidSW webiste and a few other tusted dealers on Chrono24, and a guy in Rome, Italy boutique also called it Ghost...
Wow what a story! So cool that it's one of our own that came up with the nickname.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafran View Post
AP now requires the watch to go to clearwater for the archive papers.
Yikes! I found this watch locally as I didn't want to risk shipping it. Do I have to arrange this somehow, or does a AD do this for me? There is one local to me...

Thanks!
Old 10 June 2024, 06:31 PM   #15
Little machines
"TRF" Member

Congratulations!! Nice fit on your wrist !! Looks great !
Little machines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2024, 09:49 PM   #16
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Congratulations.
1William is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2024, 02:17 AM   #17
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Wow, what cool context and a great nickname that I always liked. Appreciate you sharing in one of the many reasons why I enjoy this forum.

@OP - looks great on you. Congrats
Old 11 June 2024, 02:22 AM   #18
narkotic
"TRF" Member

Thanks guys. And I like this subforum better than the Rolex one. Everyone there must love the hype and game of seeking out a mass produced watch. I love Rolex but the game is a strange one.

Here in OC at Fashion Island there is a new Rolex AD, adjacent to a used showcase with models that are current and priced higher than new as if they are limited pieces or something. How are people so gullible I don't know. 2021/2022 is long gone, get over it.
Old 11 June 2024, 02:47 AM   #19
watchaser
2024 Pledge Member

Welcome and congrats on your first AP. I hope it's the first of many.

I spent half of my 1k post on turn in the Rolex sub forum. It's been nice to venture out of Rolex as a collector and forum contributor and I hope you have the same experience.
watchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2024, 03:43 AM   #20
eonflux
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks guys. And I like this subforum better than the Rolex one. Everyone there must love the hype and game of seeking out a mass produced watch. I love Rolex but the game is a strange one.

Here in OC at Fashion Island there is a new Rolex AD, adjacent to a used showcase with models that are current and priced higher than new as if they are limited pieces or something. How are people so gullible I don't know. 2021/2022 is long gone, get over it.
Hyde Park?

Been a while since I've been to Fashion Island, before the Rolex part of Hyde Park opened.

Was Traditional Jewelers before becoming Hyde Park, with many employees staying on with HP that I worked with during the TJ days.
eonflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2024, 03:46 AM   #21
eonflux
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Congrats!

If you have issues with the modular chronograph movement in that model, AP can replace at servicing with an updated version.
eonflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2024, 03:46 AM   #22
narkotic
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eonflux View Post
Hyde Park?

Been a while since I've been to Fashion Island, before the Rolex part of Hyde Park opened.

Was Traditional Jewelers before becoming Hyde Park, with many employees staying on with HP that I worked with during the TJ days.
Yep that's the one. The Rolex AD is now open and no different than the one up the street at South Coast. Although I did try on a Sea Dweller to which they told me they may have one in the safe (and they did) because nobody wants that behemoth. Even on my 7.5" wrist it felt way oversized (it's thickness). They have a few datejusts (TT) of course for sale if you ask.
Old 11 June 2024, 03:46 AM   #23
REECHYKIMLEE
"TRF" Member

Congrats
REECHYKIMLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2024, 12:34 PM   #24
911cz
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Master II
Great pick up! Love the Ghost. ��
911cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2024, 01:45 AM   #25
narkotic
"TRF" Member

I want to find a white band for this watch. Can someone lead me in a direction of which size I need? It doesn't have to be OEM but at least OEM looking. I've found a few used ones on eBay but not certain if they fit and also white seems to discolor, which is why I don't really care if it's OEM. The rubber band site seems to only be leather-looking.
Old 15 June 2024, 12:39 PM   #26
xwalker4
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 114060/116500LN/PA
Congrats! Great picture!
xwalker4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 June 2024, 07:53 PM   #27
shafran
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I want to find a white band for this watch. Can someone lead me in a direction of which size I need? It doesn't have to be OEM but at least OEM looking. I've found a few used ones on eBay but not certain if they fit and also white seems to discolor, which is why I don't really care if it's OEM. The rubber band site seems to only be leather-looking.
go to vagenari site. Just look for the model 26470 straps, they have two tone and textured rubber for it. Nice straps.
Old Yesterday, 12:36 AM   #28
narkotic
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafran View Post
go to vagenari site. Just look for the model 26470 straps, they have two tone and textured rubber for it. Nice straps.
cheers!