The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 16 May 2010, 11:16 PM   #1
ddommen

Watch: DJ Blue Dial
watchfinder.co.uk

Hi, I live in the UK and am looking to purchase a black Sub with no date. I have found a website watchfinder.co.uk which seems genuine. Does anyone have any experience with this site?
Thank you :-)
Old 16 May 2010, 11:38 PM   #2
Mirx
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddommen View Post
Hi, I live in the UK and am looking to purchase a black Sub with no date. I have found a website watchfinder.co.uk which seems genuine. Does anyone have any experience with this site?
Thank you :-)
Buy with confidence. I made a number of purchases over the years from these guys and they are fine. Established, professional, reachable via phone/email and usually offering a good price.

If you are after a watch that is not in stock though, be prepared to be flexibile on the delivery time and wait longer than originally agreed. Then again, this can be a good reason for re-negotiation of the originally agreed price too.
Old 16 May 2010, 11:40 PM   #3
dandan
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II
Yeah they are very good. You shouldn't have a problem pal
Old 16 May 2010, 11:59 PM   #4
jrpb
"TRF" Member

Watch: White Explorer II
hi mate, just had a browse through the site out of curiosity and the watches i am familliar with that i checked out all seemed to be a bit dear.
Just my opinion though good luck with your search.
Casio G-Shock MTG 910D
Old 17 May 2010, 01:11 AM   #5
manofcow
"TRF" Member

Yep!!

I've bought a Sub, an OQ and a Breitling Nav. from them. Both Rolex' have been authenticated after purchase (as I'm paranoid). Sold folks. Can appear a bit expensive but they DO negotiate so don't be afraid of being cheeky and pitching low!!

Cheers

A
Old 17 May 2010, 04:04 PM   #6
ddommen

Thanks for the repies. When you say a bit expensive, do you now anywhere else I could buy a black sub from? Our local authorised dealer won't give any discount. I have been quoted £3100 from watchfinder.
Thank you
Old 17 May 2010, 04:23 PM   #7
jrpb
"TRF" Member

Watch: White Explorer II
hi ddommen, dont let me put you off as im no expert. As someone above has said you can haggle with them which is gonna knock a few quid off, and £3100 for a sub is pretty good. Also before you buy make sure to get a more detailed description as they are a bit vague on the adverts.
Shame the dollar/pound is not so good as the trf for sale section usually has some great deals, you can check peoples credentials in the for sale section.
good luck and make sure to post some pics when you get it.
Casio G-Shock MTG 910D
Old 17 May 2010, 04:42 PM   #8
Daytonaboy1977
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Thanks for the repies. When you say a bit expensive, do you now anywhere else I could buy a black sub from? Our local authorised dealer won't give any discount. I have been quoted £3100 from watchfinder.
Thank you
£3100 brand new, boxed and UK supplied?? If so buy it!! Dealt with them many times both buying and selling - never had a problem and they operate a 7 day returns policy due to distance selling regulations!! You can't go wrong really Good luck with the purchase.
Old 17 May 2010, 05:47 PM   #9
Puffy
"TRF" Member

I have only heard good things about watchfinder.co.uk... never bought from them myself.

If you want to see watches in the flesh, I suggest you go to Burlington Arcade or Greys in London... both places are wedged in between Oxford/Bond St and Piccadilly
Old 17 May 2010, 06:10 PM   #10
Changmaisausage
"TRF" Member

Watch: SeaDweller
Sorry guys I bought my Panerai from them and was very disappointed in service I received.

Story - Bought the Panerai whilst working overseas but I had it posted to my UK address so that I could collect it when I returned to the UK (2 months later) The watch was as complete with all boxes and papers when it arrived it was packed in a outer Tag Box? the rose wood box was broken and several bits of paperwork where missing. I've Since contacted them several times by telephone and email but have received no response in resolving my concerns. I will not buy from them again.
Old 17 May 2010, 07:37 PM   #11
bounce

I have bought a number of my watches from them & always found them very professional & helpful. You can haggle over the price a bit as well. Good luck.
Old 18 May 2010, 07:03 AM   #12
MikeJaye

Not sure why people hype over them as they are rubbish. Very expensive watches that are mostly sourced overseas. I bought a 18k GMTIIC from them. On delivery I found that two 18k links were missing. I phoned them only to be told "I should be pleased as I got a deal"...they don't give any information up freely so be prepared to ask slot of questions and don't assume anything. Considering I spent £9k with them the after sales service was very poor. Getting the insurance valuation was like getting blood out of a stone. There is a well known UK watch forum if you search on you will find similar poor experiences.

PM me and I can recommend plenty of good private sellers.

Mike
Old 25 May 2010, 09:05 PM   #13
Puffy
"TRF" Member

Louisa, did you end up purchasing from Watchfinder?
Old 25 May 2010, 09:26 PM   #14
ddommen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
Louisa, did you end up purchasing from Watchfinder?

Hi, sorry I should have said.....no I bought from my local AD. I didn't get a discount but they gave me 0% credit which in todays world was a great offer for me And I have the peace of mind that all is in order...
Old 25 May 2010, 10:04 PM   #15
The GMT Master
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Hi, sorry I should have said.....no I bought from my local AD. I didn't get a discount but they gave me 0% credit which in todays world was a great offer for me And I have the peace of mind that all is in order...
Congratulations, enjoy the watch
Old 25 May 2010, 10:15 PM   #16
jameshe
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROC, SkyDweller
Seems like there are some good experiences here.

Note of caution: I transferred £5,850 to them for a used PP Calatrava back in February, and had been in negotiation with them for days prior to agreeing the deal and making the payment. On occasion they were difficult to get hold of via email.

I was told it would be despatched next day priority mail on Monday, and still nothing was with me (despite chasing them everyday and being told to the contrary) by FRIDAY that week (and remember, they knew I was buying it and had 'prepared it for posting' for a week prior to this). It hadn't even been despatched by Friday 2pm. I rang them and instructed them (bluntly) to cancel the deal and return the money - I was being messed around by what I considered to be no more than a bunch of lads sat in a bedroom somewhere with their mobiles brokering deals (did they even have the watch? I doubted it - more likely they knew a seller they could source it from). I was assured that it was in stock and 'being despatched' each time I called.

As the forum taught me, 'buy the seller' - I didnt feel comfortable with 6k of my money sat in their accounts and the mystery watch being somewhere contrary to what I was being told.

They may have delivered, but I wasnt willing to take the risk when that much cash was at my liability. They may be reputable guys, and there are plenty of examples on here.

When I went in to my trusted AD and told my guy about it, upon starting my sentence with 'I looked at watchfinder' he let out a sigh and shook his head! - Not because I was costing him business (he couldnt sell me a used PP as they dont do preowned, and not at that price!) - but "they are a bunch of essex lads sat god knows where, in their bedrooms or something - they dont actually have the watches even when they say they are in stock - they could be anywhere in the world with unknown histories"

That was enough to put me off.

Besides, the discounts I get NEW at my AD beat the USED prices at watchfinder (which are still highly competitive IMO).

Plenty of positive reviews here, but JUST BE CAUTIOUS once money has exchanged hands.
Old 25 May 2010, 10:19 PM   #17
jameshe
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROC, SkyDweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaye View Post
Not sure why people hype over them as they are rubbish. Very expensive watches that are mostly sourced overseas. I bought a 18k GMTIIC from them. On delivery I found that two 18k links were missing. I phoned them only to be told "I should be pleased as I got a deal"...they don't give any information up freely so be prepared to ask slot of questions and don't assume anything. Considering I spent £9k with them the after sales service was very poor. Getting the insurance valuation was like getting blood out of a stone. There is a well known UK watch forum if you search on you will find similar poor experiences.

PM me and I can recommend plenty of good private sellers.

Mike
I second that - I asked an awful lot of questions and discovered (although not admitted directly) some surprises to the extent that I thought the ad was misleading..

Also got "I thought you wanted it" and a big, long, uncomfortable pause on the phone when I asked him to cancel after such a delay and some incomplete information about despatch etc. I then shifted my tone and TOLD HIM to cancel it, and that I had already made my bank aware of the transaction and that the fraud squad were monitoring it - as "on Monday I wanted it, but it's Friday now and you have been messing around with 6 grand of my money and that often makes me a little uneasy to the point that I change my mind!".

He was abrupt and uneducated in my opinion of dealing with him (Alex).
Old 25 May 2010, 10:43 PM   #18
janc

Bought a brand new tag for my wife .
Very good experience but my other experiences suggest -definately haggle big time on any used purchase and yes they are a bit cheesy.There are more professional outfits out there on the web who can do you as good if not better deals imho.
Old 25 May 2010, 10:57 PM   #19
Puffy
"TRF" Member

Thanks for that James...

Yeah, I've read other forums and the bad feedback outweighs the good... so I won't be dealing with them... :
Old 25 May 2010, 11:27 PM   #20
esm
"TRF" Member

Watch: this, bro...
have not purchase from them, and after reading all these -ve comments, it may noit happen for me.

i check their website often to see whats on the market and what the prices are though.
Old 25 May 2010, 11:52 PM   #21
sam.

Watch: Oyster Royal 6246
I don't think you can go wrong with any new Rolex purchase,its just what suits you,as others have said,have a look and try some on,good luck!
Old 29 April 2023, 10:04 PM   #22
gd12188
"TRF" Member

Watchfinder posts photos and adds for watches that they don’t even have
Closed Thread