The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 March 2024, 12:25 AM   #1
Edgeworth
"TRF" Member

Winding sound on 32xx movements

I sold my two beloved Omegas (two tone Connie and titanium Aqua Terra) last year and replaced with two Rolex. I dress up everyday and these are my work watches. For weekenders and casual, I prefer Seiko divers.

The first Rolex I bought was TT explorer 124273. I love the look (many don’t I know) and it wears great. A few months later I got a white Roman 36 mm DJ 126200 on oyster bracelet. It’s my daily as I have to have a date during the workday and I love the watch. It’s even starting to supplant the Seikos on the weekends. The 124273 is mostly special occasions and safe queen for me.

I bought the DJ from Hodinkee for a bit over retail and when I first popped the crown and wound it, I was like … wow, that must be how the 32xx’s are supposed to sound. Buttery smooth with an audible sound of the click, clicking on the ratchet wheel.

Since I bought the 124273 first, I didn’t know how a Rolex winds, but it’s not quite the same. I bought it from WatchBox.com before the sale to 1916 Company, full set with B&P and seller I trust. And newish watch, card from late 2022. But when I wind it I only hear a very faint clicking, if I wind slowly. And if I wind quickly, there’s no clicking, more like a gritty sound. Whereas if I wind the DJ quickly the clicking just clicks quicker.

The 124273 keeps great time. Movement is different than the DJ (3230 vs 35) and it’s got the gold crown. Also, I feel like it’s a bit more touchy about screwing crown back in, like if I don’t have it lined up perfectly it won’t screw down fully.

Any advice? Since I have the card I may take into my local RSC. I assume the warranty is transferable. But maybe I’m just overthinking it
Edgeworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2024, 01:27 AM   #2
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Depends on how you are winding it,as they only wind in clockwise direction,just forget about how it sounds winding,just wear and enjoy wearing it for the next 20 years in good health now that's far more important.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2024, 01:35 AM   #3
Gearjockey
"TRF" Member

But is it sloooow??
Gearjockey is offline   Reply With Quote