The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old Yesterday, 08:03 AM   #1
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Hermes and AP negotiations?

I just heard this partnership is being considered. Anyone have any details? If true, Ms Resta will be well positioned to combine AP giving her previous experience.

Dont know if true. Curious to hear opinions from top collectors if this does happened. It has always been a great charm to me that AP is independent. Not sure how this could hurt the company vision.

A good move by Hermes to counter LV’s aggressive moves in high horology.

Opinions?
rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:28 AM   #2
Gandor
"TRF" Member

Hermes has been pushing horology hard and is in dire straits with what Arnault is doing. But I don’t see anything beyond Hermes straps coming to AP.
Old Yesterday, 08:31 AM   #3
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Partnership as in a collab (JM/TS/music edition-esque) or an acquisition of the company? First I’ve heard of this.
Old Yesterday, 08:38 AM   #4
hl0m4n
"TRF" Member

2023 ap had revenue of ~1.93b chf while hermes had ~13.4b euro. ap would not be in a position to buy hermes and hermes buying ap would go against resta's interviews on preserving brand independence.

thus, i think op is mentioning a possible collab between the two brands such as straps and limited editions with hermes branded dials, similar to patek and tiffany.
hl0m4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:38 AM   #5
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
I doubt it. If it does happen, those people complaining about pay to play with AP are in for a rude awakening. Wait til Hermes puts their quota system in place for RO's! 🤣
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:11 AM   #6
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyd329 View Post
I doubt it. If it does happen, those people complaining about pay to play with AP are in for a rude awakening. Wait til Hermes puts their quota system in place for RO's! 🤣
Yeah, at least AP isn't making people buy furniture and horse accessories...
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:04 AM   #7
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdrock View Post
I just heard this partnership is being considered. Anyone have any details? If true, Ms Resta will be well positioned to combine AP giving her previous experience.

Dont know if true. Curious to hear opinions from top collectors if this does happened. It has always been a great charm to me that AP is independent. Not sure how this could hurt the company vision.

A good move by Hermes to counter LV’s aggressive moves in high horology.

Opinions?

Finally my wife can get her birkin at retail ;) first I’m reading of it but makes perfect sense given the new CEO’s background and the overall positioning of the brand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:25 AM   #8
watchman124
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
2023 ap had revenue of ~1.93b chf while hermes had ~13.4b euro. ap would not be in a position to buy hermes and hermes buying ap would go against resta's interviews on preserving brand independence.

thus, i think op is mentioning a possible collab between the two brands such as straps and limited editions with hermes branded dials, similar to patek and tiffany.

I work in M&A and usually when a CEO starts emphasizing “independence” it’s right before they get acquired lol

Outside looking in - it seems pretty likely they’re going to do something. If not now, then within 5 years or so.

Imagine their ability to sell and push all these women’s pieces if Birkins were on the other side. As I think about it, it actually makes a ton of sense…

watchman124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:58 AM   #9
In-N-Out
"TRF" Member

I would love to see a collab with Hermes, specifically with the code 11. A simple Hermes stamp on the dial and a Hermes strap would be cool. The only downside is that Apple already does this
In-N-Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:01 AM   #10
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Yes, the Hermes colab with Apple makes more millions for them.

The production limits at AP makes this a low volume, low return prospect.

But I say it'd be a great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:12 PM   #11
crispyness87
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyd329 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Yeah, at least AP isn't making people buy furniture and horse accessories...
How dare you both say anything positive about AP. Have you spared a thought for those thousands complaining about AP's practices? The way they are complaining, they must be able to just walk into PP/Rolex/Hermes and buy naut/aquas/daytonas/birkins/kellys off the rack.
crispyness87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:53 PM   #12
supernova
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Where did you hear about this? Any link to a credible source?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:53 PM   #13
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
I do not think so.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:34 AM   #14
D_Rolex
"TRF" Member

I’m not sure if a partnership is in the cards… most likely a collab… given the new CEOs background it would make sense.

Now with her leadership I have noticed AP is steering towards more female clients. My wife also noticed and finds the brand more appealing lately.

D_Rolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:52 AM   #15
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by crispyness87 View Post
How dare you both say anything positive about AP. Have you spared a thought for those thousands complaining about AP's practices? The way they are complaining, they must be able to just walk into PP/Rolex/Hermes and buy naut/aquas/daytonas/birkins/kellys off the rack.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:17 AM   #16
RTG

Watch: YM42 Ti
Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post

You always say it's not for sale, when you are driving up the price.
Old Today, 08:39 AM   #17
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

Good points. I am not describing collabs with Hermes but a merger. For the record, AP is my fav big brand. I love the brand. There have been more women watch releases which is refreshing and in the pipeline during FHB reign. I hope the sales do point to this direction.
rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:09 AM   #18
HMHM
"TRF" Member

If Hermes do collaborate with AP, it can be a positive thing. Hermes orange straps are iconic and if done correctly, it can add a lot of class and sophistication to the watch. The Apple Watch Hermes straps are some of the nicest I've seen personally. Bugatti/Pagani x Hermes as per MK's Pagani and Chiron are also amazing.

At the end of the day, Hermes x AP is highly dependant on execution. If done right, it can be stunning to behold. Both brands are also highly respected. Compared to some of the other collaborations like Marvel, Lynx etc, I would be excited to see what Hermes x AP can bring to the table.
HMHM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:22 AM   #19
dpj17
2024 Pledge Member

Could Hermes be looking to potentially buy AP?
Old Today, 10:02 AM   #20
bkay001
2024 Pledge Member

The independence of AP has always been a charm for many collectors, so any changes might spark some discussions in the high-end watch community. It's fascinating how brands like Hermes are strategising to compete with LV in the high horology market.
bkay001 is offline   Reply With Quote