The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 3 March 2012, 05:29 AM   #1
George Ab
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Them
Seattle Perpetual Calendar GTG

The Perpetual GTG was by far the single most enjoyable watch event I have attended. I go to a couple watch shows a year; yet over a fine meal and the warmth of great company I am able to see more perpetual calendars then I have seen in the last fifteen years. The selection included the following manufactures: A Lange & Sohne, Girard Perregauz, F. P Journe, Glashutte, Roger Dubuis, Svene Anderson, Franc Vila, and Moser. After the collective oohs and ahs subsided after advancing the time to see the dates advance from February 29th to March 1st; and four hours of meandering on watches, good food and drink it took everything bit of will power to make our way towards the exists. One of those rare evenings that the warmth of company and conversation is such that it would nice if it never ended.

Jon Zhang put this event together. Jon is a leading member of the horological press and avid collector. Many of you have probably been reading his reports from Basel at watchprosite.com as he has been our “boots on the ground” at Basel for many years. Jon put an article together on the Perpetual GTG that provides a succinct yet precise explanation of a perpetual calendar, great watch shots particularly considering the environment, and capturing the flavor and warmth of the evening. Thanks Jon for the article and the wonderful evening!

http://home.watchprosite.com/show-fo...ti-776233/s-0/

Pictures courtesy of Jon Zhang.

Eleven of the fourteen watches are perpetual calendars!!

Picture of me trying to contain my sensory overload!
George Ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 March 2012, 05:39 AM   #2
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
Great pics, Jon! I LOVE THAT MOSER!!!
kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote