The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 January 2006, 07:27 PM   #1
President Rolex
Banned

Gold Sports Model?

I am thinking about adding a Yellow Gold sports model to my collection. I am like most and think the sports models are best in SS, but i think a matching gold model would be fun.

The Sub in gold or the Daytona would be at the top of my list. I think it would be nice to have a Gold Sub to go with my Black 16610, Blue TT 16613 and my new Green 16610 LV.

However, now, I am starting to think the 50th anniversary GMT would be nice. That would match my GMT master II with Pepsi bezel, and it would also match my 50th anniversary Sub.

I also like the YM in gold as well.

So, what do you think ... keep in mind that I want only ONE sports model in Gold.

Thanks, and by the way, I like this forum much better that the other popular one out there. Much nicer people over here.

Best wishes,

President Rolex
President Rolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2006, 08:06 PM   #2
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Well myself not a great lover of all gold watches,but out of your list think it would be a yellow gold Daytona on leather. They are all great watches but you must try them all on, to see the one that smiles more back at you good luck in your quest.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2006, 08:31 PM   #3
Otto
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona and others
Quote:
Originally Posted by President Rolex
I am thinking about adding a Yellow Gold sports model to my collection. I am like most and think the sports models are best in SS, but i think a matching gold model would be fun.

The Sub in gold or the Daytona would be at the top of my list. I think it would be nice to have a Gold Sub to go with my Black 16610, Blue TT 16613 and my new Green 16610 LV.

However, now, I am starting to think the 50th anniversary GMT would be nice. That would match my GMT master II with Pepsi bezel, and it would also match my 50th anniversary Sub.

I also like the YM in gold as well.

So, what do you think ... keep in mind that I want only ONE sports model in Gold.

Thanks, and by the way, I like this forum much better that the other popular one out there. Much nicer people over here.

Best wishes,

President Rolex
I bought the gold YM with croc strap and am quite hapy with it; though I also really like the YG Daytona with gold bracelet. Next in line for me in terms of preference would be the gold YM with white dial.
Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2006, 11:41 PM   #4
Atomic

I am NOT a fan of YG watches, but the 50th anniversary GMT would be worth having... either that or the YG YM with the black MOP dial.
Old 20 January 2006, 12:16 AM   #5
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
I'm not a fan of YG sport watches myself. But if I were going to go in that direction, I would probably opt for a TT Daytona with slate or white dial or an all YG Daytona with slate or white dial.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2006, 01:17 AM   #6
Subfiend
"TRF" Member

Watch: Isn't it obvious?
Come on, the choice is obvious! if you are only going to have one YG sports model, you have to get The Icon in gold:

Old 20 January 2006, 01:29 AM   #7
Atomic

Seeing the pic above confirms that the YG YM is the way to go. The blue bezel on the all YG Sub looks cheap, IMHO. Go with the YG YM to max your gold bling.
Old 20 January 2006, 01:33 AM   #8
Subfiend
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic
Seeing the pic above confirms that the YG YM is the way to go. The blue bezel on the all YG Sub looks cheap, IMHO. Go with the YG YM to max your gold bling.
WTF! Have you ever seen these watches up close? I guarantee you will choose the YG Sub over the YG YM if you put them side by side. (Except maybe if it's the YG YM with the Tahitian MOP dial -- that baby is smokin!)

Have you ever seen the little white triangle tritium thingies that stick out of the black minute markers on the white dial YM? Yuck!

here's a better picture of the Sub.

Last edited by Subfiend; 20 January 2006 at 01:39 AM..
Subfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2006, 01:42 AM   #9
C.J.
"TRF" Member

I too think that the sport models look best in SS. I personally never liked the all gold sport models, that is, until I saw the 50th anniversary GMT with green dial. Thats a sharp looking watch, very unique.
C.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2006, 01:49 AM   #10
Atomic

I don't mean to offend, it's my opinion. I've had both a YG YM on my wrist, AND a YG Sub on my wrist. The blue bezel on the sub makes it look cheap, IMO. The solid YG bezel on the YM looks perfect.

And in my first post, I specified the black MOP dial (the tahitian one).

Last edited by Atomic; 20 January 2006 at 01:50 AM..
Old 20 January 2006, 01:49 AM   #11
betrezra
"TRF" Member

OH mAN!!

man oh man subfiend........ you're killing me with that YG Sub Photo!!!

That is my dream watch....

Now for those small caps to grow grow grow this summer ;) :) :)

And it will be MINE!!! muh muh ha ha ha......!!!!
betrezra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2006, 01:53 AM   #12
Subfiend
"TRF" Member

Four of my friends wear the YG Sub as their everyday watch, even for diving. The black dial does nothing for me, but the blue dial is absolutely stunning. I can't take my eyes off it.

It's funny though, because I hardly ever wear my TT Blue Sub, and I felt the same way about it for years before I finally got one.
Old 20 January 2006, 03:40 AM   #13
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Hey PR,

Just one YG Sports? Here, this one....in a bloody heartbeat!! You won't find anything better!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2006, 04:17 AM   #14
Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani
Hey PR,

Just one YG Sports? Here, this one....in a bloody heartbeat!! You won't find anything better!!

If you're going to get a YG Rolex, that's the ONLY one worth getting. But I'd have my AD swap out the seconds hand for a red one.
Old 20 January 2006, 05:46 AM   #15
G Shearing

Here's one I saw...

...on the auction. Started at $5.00 now at $9000.00 with 5 days to go. It's a 1995. (Photo courtesy of astorlive.)

G Shearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2006, 06:44 AM   #16
betrezra
"TRF" Member

YM vs SUB in 18K

My simple mind views the 18K YM vs 18K SUB like this:

18K SUB = 1957 Vette (Classic, timeless beauty, old school)

18K YM = 2007 Vette Z06 (Modern performance, the latest thing)

My 1st YG sports watch will be the SUB..... my 2nd YG sports watch would be the YM if I should be so fortunate ;)

betrezra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2006, 08:01 AM   #17
Otto
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona and others
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto
I bought the gold YM with croc strap and am quite hapy with it; though I also really like the YG Daytona with gold bracelet. Next in line for me in terms of preference would be the gold YM with white dial.

Oops! Obviously, I meant I bought the YG Daytona on a croc strap!
Otto is offline   Reply With Quote