The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old Yesterday, 02:13 AM   #1
Djoker48
"TRF" Member

What is the harder watch to get: 321 Ed White or Snoopy?

Seeing Snoopies handed out like candies but don’t see that for the Ed White. Or maybe the demand for the Ed White is just lower for the non afficiando crowd because it looks like a standard speedy
Djoker48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:35 AM   #2
RolLee
"TRF" Member

Watch: (n) thing for time
Snoopy. Demand is higher.
RolLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:49 AM   #3
BLNR Nairobi
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them.
Good question. My views: (i) the Ed White is definitely made in far smaller quantities than the Snoopy 50th; (ii) the Snoopy 50th definitely has far higher demand (the average watch buyer will instantly notice it looks different from the typical Speedmaster, it has a stunning colour wheel) and thus has more people wanting one compared to the 321 (more of an enthusiasts reference, to the average watch buyer may look ‘too similar’ to the 1861/3861 Speedy, and then there is the price …).

So, even though the 321 is more limited the Snoopy has greater demand.

In my view, if one is able to get both they should get both. Each is very unique and manifests that uniqueness in different ways.

I am blessed to have both. If I was forced to keep one, it would be the Ed White. The Snoopy 3 makes me smile, and that is important. But the Ed White is more special to me. There is almost a sort of reverence to that reference.

However, to the average watch buyer the demand for the Snoopy will be much higher. It looks ‘different’, more average buyers know of it, and it is cheaper than the Ed White.

My $0.02.
BLNR Nairobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:52 AM   #4
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLNR Nairobi View Post
Good question. My views: (i) the Ed White is definitely made in far smaller quantities than the Snoopy 50th; (ii) the Snoopy 50th definitely has far higher demand (the average watch buyer will instantly notice it looks different from the typical Speedmaster, it has a stunning colour wheel) and thus has more people wanting one compared to the 321 (more of an enthusiasts reference, to the average watch buyer may look ‘too similar’ to the 1861/3861 Speedy, and then there is the price …).

In my view, if one is able to get both they should get both. Each is very unique and manifests that uniqueness in different ways.

I am blessed to have both. If I was forced to keep one, it would be the Ed White. The Snoopy 3 makes me smile, and that is important. But the Ed White is more special to me. There is almost a sort of reverence to that reference.

However, to the average watch buyer the demand for the Snoopy will be much higher. It looks ‘different’, more average buyers know of it, and it is cheaper than the Ed White.

My $0.02.

Great response
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:38 AM   #5
2001jesper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
Well, the lists are closed ref the Snoopy, so if you are not on it, then you can forget about it. Dont believe its the same case for our friend Ed
2001jesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:21 PM   #6
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
n
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLNR Nairobi View Post

My $0.02.
Great post and I agree with you

Having gone through this myself, this the case ^^^ here in our market (IMHO).

I believe there are only a handful of Snoopies that have been sold at ADs; the vast majority come from our only boutique in the country.

When I called recently to inquire about buying a Snoopy, my sales associate told me that they had a waiting list “over 400 deep” and that he could add my name but would hate to disappoint”

My wait for the EW321 was 7 months with no spend history in 2022.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote