The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watch Reviews (Non-Rolex)

Old 1 July 2013, 10:00 AM   #1
iceman007
"TRF" Member

is certina a good brand?

i just purchased a certina ds action titanium , the watch really looks good, but i dont have any experience on the watch movement of certina.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (106.3 KB, 393 views)

Last edited by iceman007; 1 July 2013 at 10:06 AM.. Reason: im not satisfied with my previous post
iceman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2013, 03:08 PM   #2
asadtiger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tissot PRX
it is an excellent brand...far ahead in feel and quality and durability than anthing in its price range..it is a hidden gem rest assured..I have three Certinas and comparing them to everything else I have, I keep thinking why should I buy anything else when I can buy this at this price
asadtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2013, 11:13 PM   #3
SearChart
TechXpert

My father has a hand-wound Certina watch that he got from his father some 40 years ago, I suspect the watch is about 60-70 years old, my father never had the movement serviced in the 40 years he owned it, it's still running fine and he wears it every day.
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2014, 11:19 AM   #4
GhostInTheMachine
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
I've had the Certina DS ONE quartz diver for about 5 months now. I was very picky with quartz divers, +- 15 sec/month is not acceptable for me given it's quartz. I went through 2 Seiko divers and 1 signature Citizen diver quartz watches, and they were all +- 15 sec/mo or more. Looking at the ETA website, I was looking for a high end quartz movement, and it turns out to be a thermo-compansated movement (thanks Ken for the info) that are the most accurate. This is what the Brietling quartz watches use for their quartz COSC certification I'm guessing. These are all SWATCH owned companies.

Anyhow, sorry for the ramble. The Certina DS ONE quartz diver is a shear surprise out of the box, I purchased sight unseen as they are not popular in the US. Quality wise, I see this as a value at ~450 usd. I'm seeing -2 seconds a month, which is what I would expect from a Brietling quartz. I use to have an Aerospace back when they were newish, only I paid 3 times the price of this watch back then.
GhostInTheMachine is offline   Reply With Quote