The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 16 September 2009, 07:20 PM   #1
Colnago
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rlx=3, Tdr=3, Om=3
Jubilee end links

I recently acquired an F series Explorer II 16570T, of course it has no lug holes, I want to put a Jubilee bracelet on the watch from time to time for a change, I have seen "the look" on the forum and think it's great.

I have two SS DateJusts and would like to put the Jubilee bracelet from one of them onto my new Exp II, however both my DJ's are 16030's with lug holes and 555 end links, could someone tell me if I can get hold of end links which will make the bracelet swap possible?

If it is just a case of buying a newer style Jubilee bracelet then so be it, but it would make sense financially (I assume) if all I needed to buy were end links.
Colnago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2009, 10:10 PM   #2
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Bill,
Not sure were to get them but you want 502T end pieces for the classic jubilee with a case without lug holes.
dP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1040082.jpg (49.0 KB, 269 views)
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2009, 10:38 PM   #3
Colnago
"TRF" Member

Cheers Dan, I dropped Steve Mulholland a PM to see if he could help, no reply as yet but he could very well come up with the goods....I did mention to you (I think) earlier, maybe 6 weeks or so ago, that I had the Explorer II coming and I was convinced it was an earlier model with lug holes.....imagine my surprise when the guy handed it to me and I noticed no lug holes.....it's a 2004 F....in VGC......but I love the Jubilee look on that model after seeing one on here......by the way, would a new super Jubilee fit?....or maybe a Jubilee from a T series DateJust?.....I would consider a new (or pre-loved) complete bracelet if anyone knows of one.....
Old 16 September 2009, 10:45 PM   #4
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colnago View Post
Cheers Dan, I dropped Steve Mulholland a PM to see if he could help, no reply as yet but he could very well come up with the goods....I did mention to you (I think) earlier, maybe 6 weeks or so ago, that I had the Explorer II coming and I was convinced it was an earlier model with lug holes.....imagine my surprise when the guy handed it to me and I noticed no lug holes.....it's a 2004 F....in VGC......but I love the Jubilee look on that model after seeing one on here......by the way, would a new super Jubilee fit?....or maybe a Jubilee from a T series DateJust?.....I would consider a new (or pre-loved) complete bracelet if anyone knows of one.....

Bill,
First, I'll always help anyone with their jubilee dilemmas. Second, I agree, it looks stunning on the EXP II. Can't believe it was not an original option from Rolex. Third, I believe the super jubilee [from a DJ] should fit fine because the lugs are the same size and shape as the GMT II. I don't know of any for sale right now but will keep my eyes peeled.
Good luck and don't forget pics when you have one installed,
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2009, 10:49 PM   #5
Colnago
"TRF" Member

Thanks Dan...I might just start hunting for a Super Jubilee then....lets see....one thing for sure, when I get one installed you will definitely see pictures
Old 15 May 2010, 07:41 AM   #6
andypandy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolrx GMT Master
All this talk of Jubilee bracelets sent me into my box of odds and ends . Away back in
the early 80s someone gave me a pretty well beatup Jubilee bracelet. Let me describe
it(no I don't have pictures ..so ..please no calls of " no pictures? It didn't happen ! ".
The clasp bears the legend Rolex in the centre with the coronet above , to the left of
Rolex it says stainless steel and to the right U.S.A. The other part of the clasp is stamped 10 73. Does it ring a bell? It is stretched a bit too and has no end links. It,s of no use to me so I may as well offer it on another part of the forum. Advice
please.
andypandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2010, 08:02 AM   #7
STEELINOX
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX-less atm...
Anastasios, TempoKing was able to source one (SuperJubee) for me, try him Bill...

*Positive Waves Baby*
Lug Hole Loyalist / Chamfer Line Inspector
INFORTHE WIN
STEELINOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2010, 10:53 PM   #8
chipshop

Watch: 1966 6694 OD MW
andypandy,
I'm a newbie Rolex owner researching Jubilee bracelets to try & understand mine. Your description is v close to what I got attached to a c1967 Date model ref 1500. Whereas you say "The clasp bears the legend Rolex in the centre with the coronet above , to the left of Rolex it says stainless steel and to the right U.S.A. The other part of the clasp is stamped 10 73." Mine has 2-75 (pic 39) http://flickr.com/gp/c_shop/V3w8rA
Although I have end peices with 455B, there's no bracelet ref no as such. Any thoughts?

Cheers,
chipshop
chipshop is offline   Reply With Quote