The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Breitling Discussion Forum

Old 6 July 2010, 11:31 AM   #1
eus6267
"TRF" Member

Possible issue with my Chronomat Evolution

My Breitling Chronomat Evolution had been sitting in the bank for a week and I brought it home the other day. I wound up the watch and stuck it into my watchwinder.

I went to go check the watch a day or so later and I saw that the watch was about 5 hours slow! The funny thing there was that the watch was still running when I saw the watch. My other watches were fine, so I know the power didn't go out or anything. I fixed the time and have been wearing the watch for the last few days. Now, the time seems fine. It hasn't lost time since.

Any explanations?
eus6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2010, 02:03 PM   #2
C. Davidson
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT (116710)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eus6267 View Post
My Breitling Chronomat Evolution had been sitting in the bank for a week and I brought it home the other day. I wound up the watch and stuck it into my watchwinder.

I went to go check the watch a day or so later and I saw that the watch was about 5 hours slow! The funny thing there was that the watch was still running when I saw the watch. My other watches were fine, so I know the power didn't go out or anything. I fixed the time and have been wearing the watch for the last few days. Now, the time seems fine. It hasn't lost time since.

Any explanations?
Not an uncommon occurance with watchwinders. Nothing winds a watch better than wearing the watch all day. Winders go for 8 hours (give or take), then rest for 16 hours. It could have just missed a winding cycle, perhaps it wasn't fully wound either. Who knows? Glad to hear that its working.
#15,634

"The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge; the ears of the wise seek it out."
C. Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2010, 02:24 PM   #3
sleddog
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

I have to agree with Chris on this.....Winders only keep a watch running really,they don't really wind up a watch as wearing it does...Could have missed a cycle,who knows!!! At least it is running fine now!!!
Would love to see some pics!!

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..
sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2010, 12:26 AM   #4
bannedalso

if the winder is set correctly to achieve the minimum number of turns per day needed, the winder WILL wind a watch, not just maintain it. I took my GT off the winder and let it set for 4 days to check power reserve and it lasted 44 hours, so it had to be fully wound by the winder.

it doen't help explain the original problem but needed to be clarified.
bannedalso is offline   Reply With Quote