The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 28 July 2010, 03:51 PM   #1
fjdksls

Watch: "V" GMT IIc
Reputable Seller(s) in the Bay Area (San Francisco/San Jose)

I did a cursory search of the forums and couldn't find anything conclusive (maybe I used the wrong key words), so I thought I would start a new thread.

I am looking to buy a Rolex, as indicated in my intro, and I would rather buy in-person. I also am only interested in new (with all cards, certs, etc). Since this is something I intend to be passed down through the generations in my family, I want my name to be the one on the card that goes along with it, not Joe Schmoe's. (any future watches I would consider buying used, but this one's just too personal)

Anyway, so I am looking for some insights from locals as to good distributors/resellers/etc in the area for NEW Rolex watches. I am leaning towards the Deep Sea and the Sub, but really need to just find "the one", so the more selection someone has the better.

And, of course, if there's anyone who would be willing to show me their real one so I can (hopefully) better identify fakes, I'd appreciate that as well.

I am in the Silicon Valley area, so I'd prefer someplace around here that I could conceivably stop by on a lunch break or something.

Thanks!

Brent
fjdksls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2010, 05:06 PM   #2
fusionstorm
"TRF" Member

Watch: various vintage
Jade Galore has long been a Rolex AD. They have stores in Milpitas, Cupertino and SF. I've never bought watches from them (my tastes run vintage), but I did acquire my wife's engagement ring, Rolex and her diamond earrings from them. If you'd like to know who to ask for at one of their stores, PM me and I'll ask one of the owners.

Gone.....never forgotten: 14000 F, 14060 V COSC, PAM 048, 16623 F, 1680 MK V 3.1M, 16800 matte 8.3M & 1655 MK IV 7.4M
fusionstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2010, 01:16 AM   #3
sea-dweller
"TRF" Member

Jade Galore and Shreve (Stanford Shopping Center) would be 2 to try.

If you buy at an AD, you don't have to worry about fakes.

For a good gray market dealer, I would recommend Alan Furman in the DC area -

http://www.alanmarcusco.com/
TRF Member #6699 (since September 2007)
sea-dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2010, 01:46 AM   #4
SCD
"TRF" Member

If you visit Escobar Diamonds in Campbell I think you'll be impressed. I certainly was. Their immaculate watchmaker's bench, and Alex the watchmaker, are right out in the open and you can tell it's a real point of pride there. Ever since he serviced my DD a few months ago it's been running within a second, every day. And when the sales staff don't know the answer to a question they say "I don't know...let me check with Alex." Generally if someone plainly says "I don't know" without hesitation then that's a good sign.
SCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2010, 02:21 AM   #5
Dr. Robert
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 1655
I have dealt w/ Davidson & Licht in Walnut Creek....I think they still have a shop in Palo Alto?
The staff were professional & polite.
Dr. Robert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2010, 03:07 AM   #6
Speed
"TRF" Member

Do a search for "Jacek" on TRF he deals in Vintage, pre owned and other flavors.

He has a great rep. I took a buddy to his showroom and he ended up getting an Explorer II.
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2010, 03:22 AM   #7
springbar
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116400GV
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dweller View Post
Jade Galore and Shreve (Stanford Shopping Center) would be 2 to try.

If you buy at an AD, you don't have to worry about fakes.

For a good gray market dealer, I would recommend Alan Furman in the DC area -

http://www.alanmarcusco.com/
Shreve have an average inventory and they take a perverse pride in never agreeing to any discount. "Sir, this is Shreve & Co., we don't do that," etc.

The Bay Area generally is a lousy place to find smokin' deals. If you're seeking a 20%-30% off experience like the ones you read about on this forum, be warned: it's very unlikely to happen here.
springbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2010, 03:37 AM   #8
corvette00
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub16610,DateJust
where does the 20-30% happen
corvette00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2010, 03:43 AM   #9
Speed
"TRF" Member

Oh no...let's not obsess re: discounts ;-)

Agree with SprigBar-a scarcity of good ADs in the Bay Area.
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2010, 03:48 AM   #10
dweb
"TRF" Member

Tourneau and Shreve all have stores in SF. Jade Galore (south SF). Ben Bridge has a good selection and provide discounts (South SF). Davidson and Licht may discount...if it is old inventory and they have very good service. There are a couple other retailers that are discontinuing carrying Rolexes and may offer some discounts as a result. Good luck.
dweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2010, 03:59 AM   #11
sea-dweller
"TRF" Member

I don't think any AD here in Nor Cal, for that matter, will provide a significant discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by springbar View Post
Shreve have an average inventory and they take a perverse pride in never agreeing to any discount. "Sir, this is Shreve & Co., we don't do that," etc.

The Bay Area generally is a lousy place to find smokin' deals. If you're seeking a 20%-30% off experience like the ones you read about on this forum, be warned: it's very unlikely to happen here.
TRF Member #6699 (since September 2007)
sea-dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2010, 11:42 AM   #12
fusionstorm
"TRF" Member

Watch: various vintage
Quote:
Originally Posted by springbar View Post
The OP's looking for either a DSSD or a Sub. It's highly unlikely you'll find anyone who's offering the latest stainless Sub at 20-30% off - - there's too much demand to necessitate discounting them that severely to move them. DSSD also is tough to find at 20%+ off even thru grey market.

If the OP is serious and wants to go thru an AD rather than grey or after market, I can put him in touch with someone at JG. No one should promise a discount thru an AD (in case Rolex corporate is monitoring these boards), but let's just say that it'll be worth his while to be a friend of a friend.

Gone.....never forgotten: 14000 F, 14060 V COSC, PAM 048, 16623 F, 1680 MK V 3.1M, 16800 matte 8.3M & 1655 MK IV 7.4M
fusionstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2010, 01:00 PM   #13
sond86
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Robert View Post
I have dealt w/ Davidson & Licht in Walnut Creek....I think they still have a shop in Palo Alto?
The staff were professional & polite.
Davidson licht has one of the larger
Selections. Walnut creek and santa clara
Ya you might have better luck getting
Discounts if you travel a bit out of
The bay area
sond86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2010, 03:09 AM   #14
fjdksls

Watch: "V" GMT IIc
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionstorm View Post
The OP's looking for either a DSSD or a Sub. It's highly unlikely you'll find anyone who's offering the latest stainless Sub at 20-30% off - - there's too much demand to necessitate discounting them that severely to move them. DSSD also is tough to find at 20%+ off even thru grey market.

If the OP is serious and wants to go thru an AD rather than grey or after market, I can put him in touch with someone at JG. No one should promise a discount thru an AD (in case Rolex corporate is monitoring these boards), but let's just say that it'll be worth his while to be a friend of a friend.
If you have a contact at JG in Cupertino, please send it along (PM is fine). For the first pass, I want to go through an AD, because I need to make sure it's my name on the reg card. For any future watches, I'll be more flexible.
fjdksls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2010, 04:13 AM   #15
SLS
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT's & Sub's
If you are willing to drive up to the Sacramento Area, send me a PM and I will give you my AD's info. He has taken care of other TRF members that I have sent his way.
Scott

Member No. 922
SLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2010, 10:15 AM   #16
dbphotos
"TRF" Member

Watch: your 6!
I would 2nd Shreve & Co. at Stanford Shopping Center. I've purchased other non-Rolex items from them and always been very happy. I have also purchased some vintage watches from Gleim The Jeweler at the Stanford Shopping Center. I think the manager there is still Rick Velayo.

Rolex DD YG 18238 | Rolex 1675 Pepsi | Rolex 14060 |
Rolex Vintage 6694 | Rolex TT 16013 | Tudor Tiger 79280P on Shark strap | a whole bunch of misc watches
dbphotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2010, 02:25 PM   #17
daddybush
"TRF" Member

contact DavidSW, he is a trusted member of this forum and I just did a great transaction with him and am now a happy member of the rolex community and I saved over a thousand dollars going with him versus a local AD.

you can thank me later.

daddybush is offline   Reply With Quote