The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 10 November 2011, 07:38 PM   #1
t_tangent
"TRF" Member

Seeking advice on best way to fix a jubilee rose gold & steel bracelet

Hi all,

I have just discovered this forum and having just registered this is my first post here.

I have a vintage men's datejust in rose gold & steel. This belonged to my father who got it from new in around the early 1960's, and then he gave it to me about 25 years go. I then wore it since then until a few years ago I noticed that the rose gold links on the bracelet were stretching more and more to the point where several of them began to show cracks on the edge, where the link pulls directly against the steel pins connecting to the next link. As a result I decided that it was best not to continue wearing it until I could get the bracelet repaired or replaced, but at that time I was unable to find any jeweller that would repair the links, and rolex told me they no longer make rose gold and steel bracelets in 20mm size.

For the last year or 2 the watch has been sitting in the drawer at home and I got side tracked with other projects. But the other day I thought I really should try and get this watch sorted out, as I miss being able to wear it and also it has great sentimental value to me.

I have seen a chap in USA via ebay called watchbandman50 who is selling replacement rose gold and steel jubilee bracelets. These are not original rolex straps but instead Italian made, but I was thinking that I could at least start wearing the DJ again without the fear of losing it.

But ideally if anyone in UK can recommend a jeweller who can repair the gold links on a rose gold and steel jubilee strap I would greatly appreciate it. Also any other advice would be gratefully received.

Cheers for now

t_t
t_tangent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2011, 03:42 AM   #2
t_tangent
"TRF" Member

Hi Nanuq, Thanks very much for the info. Having done a quick search on the net most people do seem to be very happy with classicwatchparts.com. I will do a little more research and will email Michael Young. I noticed that they are based in Hong Kong which works well for me too as I used to live out there for many years so can possibly get one of my old freinds still in HK to drop it off at their office.

So thanks for that and your other suggestions and I will certainly be looking into doing something along the lines that you recommend. Will let you know how I get on. :)

All the best,

t_t
t_tangent is offline   Reply With Quote