The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 30 September 2011, 11:36 PM   #1
GTS Dean
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3570.50
Speedy losing time

I've proudly worn my 3570.50 almost daily since I purchased it new in January and I love it. I wind it every morning, but the darned thing loses about 15-20 sec/day. I realize there is a reason this watch doesn't carry COSC certification, but geez... My Zenith Daytona and GMT-C stay within about 3 sec/day and I'm used to that level of accuracy.

How accurate are your 1863 movements? Do I need to prepare for separation anxiety and a long trip to Omega Service, or is that just the way it is?

DD OysterQuartz
Brietling Aero
Omega Speedmaster Pro
GTS Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2011, 11:44 PM   #2
rad87gn
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, PAM, Omega
Get it regulated. It should not be off that much. They are pretty accurate movements and can run easily within COSC specs. Mine runs about +2 per day.
Rolex P-Series SS GMT II Black, Rolex Y-Series Sea-Dweller, Rolex F-Series TT Blue Sub, Rolex F-Series Sub LV, Rolex D-Series Ladies SS/WG DJ for wife, Panerai K-Series PAM 112, Omega Speedmaster Pro 3570.50, Omega Seamaster 300M Chrono 2594.52
rad87gn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2011, 12:21 AM   #3
Kringkily
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedmaster, Rolex
yeah just get it regulated especially if it's take a big drop or hit. People might suggest magnetization but this watch has a protective covering so I highly doubt that.
Kringkily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2011, 12:44 AM   #4
eric23
"TRF" Member

Mine was doing the same, I brought it to the AD and they sent it in to Omega and fixed it. It took 4 weeks to get it back.
eric23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 October 2011, 02:37 AM   #5
GTS Dean
"TRF" Member

I talked to the authorized dealer in Houston this morning. He asked whether I take it off to sleep, and what orientation I lay the watch down. He suggested laying it crown-up and crown-down for a week or two to see if that makes any difference. If it works, it saves the time lost for unnecessary service. If it doesn't help, it hasn't cost me anything but minor delay in service. He gave me the phone and address for the service center in NJ.

My Rolex automatics keep time just fine laying face-up. My quartz watches keep time within a few seconds a month no matter how they're laid down.

DD OysterQuartz
Brietling Aero
Omega Speedmaster Pro
Old 1 October 2011, 02:17 PM   #6
Watch Professor
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIC; Sub Date
Overnight positioning will not have that much of an affect on the rate (-15). Omega lists it's accepted rate differential as -1 to +11 seconds per 24 hours, so I would definitely get it regulated. If you have an Omega boutique in your area, try them first before sending it to New Jersey.
Old 2 October 2011, 12:29 AM   #7
GTS Dean
"TRF" Member

Since it's still under warranty, I'm more inclined to let the service center handle this.
Old 10 November 2013, 07:45 PM   #8
scotty2hotty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex datejust
My Speedy is -13 seconds slow, it doesn't really bother me much. My Datejust is a steady +1 second every day and my Seiko Sarb033 is +3 secs a day. I never really need to be that accurate as I usually only wear the Speedy on weekends. If it bothers you I say get it regulated, but it wouldn't bother me.
scotty2hotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2013, 07:48 PM   #9
scotty2hotty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex datejust
Wait... how did I click on this thread, 2011, haha my cat ran over my lap before must have somehting to do with it.
scotty2hotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2013, 12:13 AM   #10
carrotstic
"TRF" Member

Mine losses about 3 secs a day, but I find if you wind it up every other day it tends to gain, so I can self regulate it. Try winding it every other morning , you might find yours gains a bit as we'll so your overall loss might not be so bad
carrotstic is offline   Reply With Quote