The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 November 2020, 12:23 PM   #1
cavalier
"TRF" Member

Comparing Rubber B to Everest

I recently bought Rubber B straps for my GMT II and Daytona. They have the same bracelets, so this review applies for both.

The Rubber B Classic is advertised as universal fit covering 5 1/2 to 8 1/4 inch wrists (it can be trimmed down for the smaller sizes) and uses the clasp, but not the Easylink portion of the bracelet.

The Rubber B strap was fairly easy to install and at the largest setting just fit my 8 inch wrist. Fit and finish is very good. The only thing is that at 8 inches the clasp sits decidedly to the 6 O'clock side. Still nice, but it bothered me.

I then looked into the Everest straps. Everest has a strap that uses the clasp as well as the Easylink portion of the bracelet. Everest are not universal, you have to order based on how many links you use in your bracelet. I went with the 6 by 6 size.

The Everest and Rubber B are both very nice. Similar fit and finish. The only thing that jumped out is that the Rubber B is thicker and more firm.

The Everest 6 by 6 fits just right on my 8 inch wrist. The clasp is centered on the bottom of my wrist and you get the benefit of the Easylink adjustment.

I would call it a toss up if you are in the 7 to 7 1/2 range. Rubber B is a bit more sturdy, but the Everest let's you use the Easylink.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1997c.jpg (132.9 KB, 508 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1999c.jpg (123.3 KB, 508 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2001c.jpg (64.1 KB, 509 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2002c.jpg (132.4 KB, 511 views)
cavalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2020, 03:36 PM   #2
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Nice write up, I’ve commented at length about this comparison and share most of your feelings. Both excellent quality, but some design issues for me with the rubber b. Cutting the strap, losing the ez link, having a clasp off center are all deal breakers for me.

I also just find the Everest band more pliable and comfy out of the box, as you mentioned the rubber b is thicker and more rigid.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2020, 06:10 PM   #3
Ihatecheese
Banned

I prefer the Everest straps mysef. Both good.
Ihatecheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2020, 06:12 PM   #4
Loevhagen
"TRF" Member

Thanks for this OP. I have had several rubber straps from Everest. The only thing I thought I'd like better, was that the Rubber B was more angeled downwards - as the Everest makes some watches look a bit "bubble gum" in the wrist as it flares more straight out from the watch case.

However, if Rubber B does not allow for custom order of the strap length on the 6-o´clock-side in order to center the clasp - that is indeed a deal breaker - and I'll just stick to Everest. :)
Loevhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2020, 10:05 PM   #5
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I have owned both and found them to be of good quality. I can not say I like one better than the other.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2020, 10:12 PM   #6
kwingy
"TRF" Member

Had both - prefer Rubber B for the sleeker look. Everest just bulges too much.
kwingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2020, 04:16 AM   #7
cavalier
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loevhagen View Post
The only thing I thought I'd like better, was that the Rubber B was more angeled downwards - as the Everest makes some watches look a bit "bubble gum" in the wrist as it flares more straight out from the watch case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwingy View Post
Had both - prefer Rubber B for the sleeker look. Everest just bulges too much.
Agreed. The Rubber B definitely angles distinctly downward and is more stiff so it does not flex out as much as the Everest. You can see this effect in the pictures. This can be an advantage if your wrist is not terribly wide.
cavalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2020, 02:57 AM   #8
Scarrz
"TRF" Member

Comparing Rubber B to Everest

Got the Everest yesterday. Totally changes the watch and brings out the Green Rolex font. Very comfy also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scarrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2020, 03:10 AM   #9
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
For what they are just rubber straps IMHO both overpriced but once you associate the Rolex name regarding prices everything doubles or more.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2020, 03:11 AM   #10
Scarrz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
For what they are just rubber straps IMHO both overpriced but once you associate the Rolex name everything doubles or more.

Agree with price. I was lucky to find a Used unopened one so saved some coin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scarrz is offline   Reply With Quote