The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 27 February 2022, 12:52 AM   #1
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

Incoming

Two days ago I received an email from the Boutique in Ginza, Tokyo saying someone backed out of a ROO 26420 black dial. My wife and I are Marines stationed in Okinawa so we had made a couple trips and each time I made appointments at the boutique. After trying on some models, a diver and then the tan ROO, I put my name on the list for the black dial (although the tan model was stunning). Three months later and I’m planning my flight there next weekend to pick her up. I’ve been looking at APs for about a year and really didn’t think I’d get lucky enough to buy one at retail - Even now I’ll believe it when i own it :)

My wrists are just shy of 8” (more round than flat), so I’ll have to see about the straps. I don’t think the diver was able to close but the Chrono did, but probably not much excess IIRC.

My daily right now is a black dial DSSD, which I love. It takes a beating and keeps chugging along. It also helps it’s 44mm. At 5’9” and 230lbs with a large build.
I’ll admit I can’t wait. My buddy said I’m a lunatic to consider wearing a $40K watch in cammies but I love it - so few really know what you’re wearing, even with a Rolex, let alone an AP.
As long as there are no surprises I’ll be a proud new owner Saturday!

~Pat
Edit - no idea how some of you post such stunning pics while mine are made so small they become blurry (and apparently some rotate but hey).
Commandopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2022, 01:02 AM   #2
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Icon6

I have this ROO 43 as well............fine taste sir.....I salute you
GW44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2022, 01:07 AM   #3
chaucer
"TRF" Member

Look forward to seeing pics of the black dial. Congrats!
chaucer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2022, 01:13 AM   #4
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Congratulations.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2022, 02:23 AM   #5
Willyjo
2024 Pledge Member

Great first AP!!!! Congrats.

Look forward to seeing the pics

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk
Willyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2022, 03:06 AM   #6
7sins
"TRF" Member

Congrats!
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2022, 03:36 AM   #7
www777
"TRF" Member

Very nice!
www777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2022, 03:53 AM   #8
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX
Congratulations!

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2022, 08:50 AM   #9
youthagainsttt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Piaget,Rolex,AP,HB
Great choice, sounds like it'll suit you v well being as it's practically bulletproof compared to other APs
youthagainsttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2022, 09:48 AM   #10
Cadi1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Panerai,UN
Well done. Congrats!!
Cadi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2022, 09:51 AM   #11
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

Thank you. Definitely excited and hopefully I enjoy the watch as much as the DSSD.
I also have a blue dial yachtmaster but at 40mm it just doesn’t get much wrist time. It’s a beautiful watch, I just prefer something bigger.

Where is the best place to buy different colored rubber straps?
Old 27 February 2022, 01:32 PM   #12
gauwow
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandopat View Post
Two days ago I received an email from the Boutique in Ginza, Tokyo saying someone backed out of a ROO 26420 black dial. My wife and I are Marines stationed in Okinawa so we had made a couple trips and each time I made appointments at the boutique. After trying on some models, a diver and then the tan ROO, I put my name on the list for the black dial (although the tan model was stunning). Three months later and I’m planning my flight there next weekend to pick her up. I’ve been looking at APs for about a year and really didn’t think I’d get lucky enough to buy one at retail - Even now I’ll believe it when i own it :)

My wrists are just shy of 8” (more round than flat), so I’ll have to see about the straps. I don’t think the diver was able to close but the Chrono did, but probably not much excess IIRC.

My daily right now is a black dial DSSD, which I love. It takes a beating and keeps chugging along. It also helps it’s 44mm. At 5’9” and 230lbs with a large build.
I’ll admit I can’t wait. My buddy said I’m a lunatic to consider wearing a $40K watch in cammies but I love it - so few really know what you’re wearing, even with a Rolex, let alone an AP.
As long as there are no surprises I’ll be a proud new owner Saturday!

~Pat
Edit - no idea how some of you post such stunning pics while mine are made so small they become blurry (and apparently some rotate but hey).
The Ginza boutique is the best. Top notch service.
gauwow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2022, 02:37 PM   #13
Tanuki
"TRF" Member

I’ve been there too and was really impressed the service. It’s kind of tucked away off the main drag.

Congratulations it looks great on you!!!
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2022, 03:47 PM   #14
Mr.GL
"TRF" Member

A Roo is perfect on your wrist. Looking foward for a wristshot with the uniform.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
Mr.GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2022, 04:42 PM   #15
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Congrats! That’ll look awesome with the camis!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
usmc_k9_vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2022, 08:35 PM   #16
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Love the Taupe, thought that would go well with your MC vibe but the black is stunning too, omedetou!
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 February 2022, 09:31 PM   #17
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

Thanks, all. I’m really excited!

Where do we fins straps? I was looking at the AP website and didn’t have any luck, but that’s probably just me and not the fact it’s not there.
Old 27 February 2022, 09:32 PM   #18
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Love the Taupe, thought that would go well with your MC vibe but the black is stunning too, omedetou!
I would buy the taupe too if they offered me that. Instead of, not in addition to - the military doesn’t pay that well! Haha
Old 27 February 2022, 09:45 PM   #19
KBM

Big congrats on an amazing incoming! Enjoy and post pics!
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2022, 12:29 AM   #20
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

Well today was the day. I left Okinawa late morning, flew to Narita and hopped on a train to Ginza district on Tokyo for my 1800 appointment.
Kojima San, the fluent English speaker I had conversed with wasn’t there which I was aware of, but I was taken care of and those who helped me spoke really good English all things considered!

I posted it in my other thread as well so I could close that one out in case anyone ever had the same concerns I did, but with a 7.75-8” wrist the XL straps are needed. The standard strap barely touches let alone securing properly.

Customer service was as outstanding, although that is far more the norm in Japan than it ever is in the US, and I had a great time there.

It was dark once I left and the pics are taken on the train back to the airport so certainly not the greatest but I’ll work on that.
In addition to the watch, I was also gifted a travel case (not pictured), a bottle of champagne, two AP glasses, and a small bottle of Sake.
Old 6 March 2022, 12:51 AM   #21
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Nice pick up indeed. That journey is dedication.
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2022, 12:52 AM   #22
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandopat View Post
Well today was the day. I left Okinawa late morning, flew to Narita and hopped on a train to Ginza district on Tokyo for my 1800 appointment.
Kojima San, the fluent English speaker I had conversed with wasn’t there which I was aware of, but I was taken care of and those who helped me spoke really good English all things considered!

I posted it in my other thread as well so I could close that one out in case anyone ever had the same concerns I did, but with a 7.75-8” wrist the XL straps are needed. The standard strap barely touches let alone securing properly.

Customer service was as outstanding, although that is far more the norm in Japan than it ever is in the US, and I had a great time there.

It was dark once I left and the pics are taken on the train back to the airport so certainly not the greatest but I’ll work on that.
In addition to the watch, I was also gifted a travel case (not pictured), a bottle of champagne, two AP glasses, and a small bottle of Sake.
perfect fit, congrats
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 March 2022, 03:02 AM   #23
erredi7734
"TRF" Member

Watch: DB28, MB&F LM1
What a nice story! Wear in good health!
Nice Offshore, I have a 44mm but I’m considering upgrading it to the new 43mm.. it is so superior!
erredi7734 is offline   Reply With Quote