The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Grand Seiko & Seiko Discussion Forum

Old 23 July 2023, 04:51 AM   #1
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Prospex GMT

Sorry if this is a repeat as the watch has been out a few months, but has anyone ordered/bought/received the new GMT? I see it on the internet and it looks fantastic! Especially the limited edition (I think 4,000 pieces) ice blue dial. I am wondering how it wears? Looks a little top-heavy, but could be just the pictures. Please post a pic and review if you have one and congratulations!
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2023, 05:04 AM   #2
2loaded
"TRF" Member

Watch: es watches
Yes, you must be referencing the 1968 Re-Imagined?
Love this reference and a huge Seiko fan but I can't stand a friction bezel.. I'm hoping this is not the case.. Some vids I've seen are unclear.
2loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2023, 09:57 AM   #3
Jack T
"TRF" Member

Watch: Several
Is this what you’re referring to?

https://monochrome-watches.com/how-g...-review-price/

https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/articl...rine-green-gmt
Old 25 July 2023, 09:20 PM   #4
fmc000
Banned

I believe he's talking about this.
fmc000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 July 2023, 10:54 PM   #5
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BoctokKomandirskie
I like them, just not enough to justify one. If that was a "true" GMT though, I would seriously reconsider.
Old 4 August 2023, 03:47 PM   #6
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by minute_man View Post
I like them, just not enough to justify one. If that was a "true" GMT though, I would seriously reconsider.
Can you explain what you mean by this Basil?
Old 4 August 2023, 04:21 PM   #7
Hankman
"TRF" Member

Yes, at the Ginza Seiko shop I have tried them on. When they were first announced earlier in the year, I was sure I would get one. Particularly the green but wanted to try on first. I'm glad I did. First of all it wears much smaller than the 42mm it claims. Most Prospex watches do. Felt like a 39. It was NOT top heavy as it looks. I didn't notice the weight. The green was so dark, at first I mistook it for the black version. The bezel in not frictionless (thank goodness) but not solid nor satisfying clicks either. Sorry a big vague but the bezel action just didn't leave a good impression. The bracelet was a let-down especially the clasp (no big shocker) and in the end I didn't buy one. They even told me "we have 1 last LI Ice Blue". Overall, did I like it? Yea, it was OK, but not enough to buy one. I do own one Seiko watch but I'm not a die-hard fan so maybe I'm not the best person to review it and YMMV. Hope this brief input helps.
Hankman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 August 2023, 05:39 PM   #8
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Can you explain what you mean by this Basil?
By "true", "flyer" or "traveler" GMT (as opposed to "caller" GMT) I mean if it had a jumping hour hand, just like the Rolex/Tudor GMTs.
For an international traveler it is much more useful to be able to independently set the local time i.e. the 12 hour hand without interrupting time keeping than setting the 24h hand instead, which is more natural to reference "home" or UTC.

On Rolex, Tudor and GS GMTs my 24h hand has always been on UTC, the 12h on local while the bezel is offset by as many hours +/- UTC as the ZD (zone description) of a third time zone I may wish to read.

For example, with 24h hand showing UTC, if I am in Greece (UTC+3) and wish to read Singapore LT on the bezel, I bring No 8 (ZD/offset) at 12 O'clock and read off the bezel at the 24h hand tip.
Old 5 August 2023, 02:56 PM   #9
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by minute_man View Post
By "true", "flyer" or "traveler" GMT (as opposed to "caller" GMT) I mean if it had a jumping hour hand, just like the Rolex/Tudor GMTs.
For an international traveler it is much more useful to be able to independently set the local time i.e. the 12 hour hand without interrupting time keeping than setting the 24h hand instead, which is more natural to reference "home" or UTC.

On Rolex, Tudor and GS GMTs my 24h hand has always been on UTC, the 12h on local while the bezel is offset by as many hours +/- UTC as the ZD (zone description) of a third time zone I may wish to read.

For example, with 24h hand showing UTC, if I am in Greece (UTC+3) and wish to read Singapore LT on the bezel, I bring No 8 (ZD/offset) at 12 O'clock and read off the bezel at the 24h hand tip.
Many thanks
Old 5 August 2023, 08:27 PM   #10
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Many thanks