The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 10 July 2018, 06:12 PM   #1
chuey38
Banned

Watch: 15202
Tudor gmt date window issue?

Two mornings in a row now the gmt has seemed to advance an extra half date on the date window leaving it caught between two numbers when I wake up at around 7am.

E.G. this morning as per the pic it should have been 10 but is in fact halfway between 10 and 11.

If I advance it manually thru two or three date changes it’s fine so this must be an overnight thing.

Any ideas anyone please?

I’ll try to do a time lapse on it tonight to see when it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chuey38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2018, 06:21 PM   #2
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Yep. I have the same issue. Mine also jumps 2 days at a time also. It seems to rectify itself occasionally and then go back to its bad ways. There was another on WUS yesterday so assume it’s starting to become an issue.

My watch will be on it’s way into RSC when back from hols. No biggie, but sure they can sort it.
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2018, 06:45 PM   #3
chuey38
Banned

Watch: 15202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevec14 View Post
Yep. I have the same issue. Mine also jumps 2 days at a time also. It seems to rectify itself occasionally and then go back to its bad ways. There was another on WUS yesterday so assume it’s starting to become an issue.

My watch will be on it’s way into RSC when back from hols. No biggie, but sure they can sort it.
thanks for the info steve. yes mine was running fine for 1 month before this started happening. at least with date overshoots on a gmt, you can reverse the date instead of having to go fwd thru 30 days. i guess i'll check mine into RSC too. shame as its been on the wrist non-stop since i bought it!
chuey38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2018, 08:53 AM   #4
Babylonian
"TRF" Member

Watch: M126710BLRO-0001
Icon9

Quote:

Same exact problem
Babylonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2018, 09:31 AM   #5
Babylonian
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylonian View Post
Same exact problem
They fixed my watch and I got it back 2 weeks ago
Since then the date window has been running perfectly and the watch only gains less than 1 second a day !
Old 3 September 2018, 11:43 AM   #6
Bluside
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylonian View Post
They fixed my watch and I got it back 2 weeks ago
Since then the date window has been running perfectly and the watch only gains less than 1 second a day !
Did you ever find out what the problem was?
Bluside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2018, 06:12 AM   #7
Babylonian
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluside View Post
Did you ever find out what the problem was?
They told me that the date wheel needed regulating.
But I noticed that the watch accuracy was greatly improved after the service
It used to be around 2.5 seconds a day forward. Now for the last 17 days, it has only gained 11 seconds.
Old 10 July 2018, 06:34 PM   #8
peterpl
Banned

Damn thats disappointing.

This is why I am scared of buying any watches with new movements. Rolex/Tudor seem to have issues with date flips which is a very simple complication

The DD40 and now this Tudor GMT both have date change issues and both happened with new movements in their first models. Wonder whats up with their quality control and testing of these new movements. Its quite a simple thing not to get wrong.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2018, 07:03 PM   #9
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

It’s frustrating, but not the end of the world. I wonder if more will come out the woodwork.

It’s just a PITA to have to change my date every day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10 July 2018, 08:37 PM   #10
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Possible a tiny bit of oil on back of date wheel just cycle the date around a few time should cure it.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 July 2018, 11:50 PM   #11
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Second Peter's suggestion...please try that and let us know. I was thinking of picking that watch up later on in the year...
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 02:56 AM   #12
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

I wouldn’t have any tools to open up. In any case, I would rather RSC dealt with for a new watch under warranty.

Is a shame. There are now 2 others on WUS with the same issue. To be fair, it is what it is and I’ll get mine in after I get back from holiday. Is not stopping me from enjoying the watch.

Hopefully not many more, and then I can sell mine as a true Mk1 with knackered date mechanism!
Old 31 December 2018, 10:49 AM   #13
Travelller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my sig. ;)
Quote:
...Hopefully not many more, and then I can sell mine as a true Mk1 with knackered date mechanism!
Oh boy... just when I thought I was safe...

Having seen my Pepsi change date flawlessly for the first ~32 days, I felt I'd dodged that bullet but the other day I noticed it had jumped a day... sigh.
I do appreciate that some of your watches have managed to get through the ordeal without a trip to the RSC and I will do the same - give the watch time to distribute the excessive lubrication. Hopefully. *Knocks on wood*

I recently sent another new watch in (to the official Service Center) and it came back scuffed up... and having OCD, I'm now much more reserved about sending in a new watch...

Regarding a theory that the issue existed only with the first "batch" or "a" batch; I took receipt of mine this past mid-November and it's one with the coveted rivet bracelet so there is really no chance that this sample was sitting at the AD since July... . I would have hoped that by now Tudor would have taken control of the issue!

Too bad, it's such an awesome watch!

Some stats:
date wheel "snaps" to new date roughly 7mins past midnight (my 126600 about 6mins after)
SN I764nnn
purch date 20th Nov (EU region)
Accuracy: +2~4/day

I'm wearing it for New Year's Eve... I guess my friends will be wondering why the heck I'm staring at my watch so intensely come 00:06...

Panerai 111 217 233
Rolex 16600 126600
Seiko SBGA125 SBDX001 SLA017 SLA025 SLA033
Tudor 5B GMT
Zénith A386ME
Other Mühle Glashütte S.A.R. Flieger Chronoswiss Tora
Travelller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2019, 02:54 AM   #14
Travelller
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelller View Post
...I'm wearing it for New Year's Eve... I guess my friends will be wondering why the heck I'm staring at my watch so intensely come 00:06...
Good news, my GMT did snap from 31 to 1 in a "timely" manner for NY's

Panerai 111 217 233
Rolex 16600 126600
Tudor 5B GMT
Zénith A386ME
Old 12 January 2019, 11:33 AM   #15
Travelller
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
...Having seen my Pepsi change date flawlessly for the first ~32 days, I felt I'd dodged that bullet but the other day I noticed it had jumped a day... sigh...
So I've been monitoring mine every night and every night, the date has jumped (in one go) to the next day around 8~10mins past midnight.

Until this (Fri) evening. I had it on and glanced at it roughly 15mins past midnight and I was surprised to see it still showing Fri's date (11th). I glanced at it several times until ~01:15 and that's when it finally changed... to this:

It has clearly "shot past" the 12th and headed to the 13th. I presume that sometime tomorrow it will show the 13th and tomorrow night, I bet it will jump to 14 as if nothing ever happened.
I'll keep everyone posted.

Panerai 111 217 233
Rolex 16600 126600
Tudor 5B GMT
Zénith A386ME
Old 12 January 2019, 12:09 PM   #16
peterpl
Banned

I thought the movement was an instantaneous date flip? Does the date change gradually or is it an instant click over to the next date?
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2019, 10:49 AM   #17
Travelller
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
...It has clearly "shot past" the 12th and headed to the 13th. I presume that sometime tomorrow it will show the 13th and tomorrow night, I bet it will jump to 14 as if nothing ever happened.
Well looks like I was waaay off...

Taken at 00:43 on the 13th - no change from the night before

pulled the crown out to the 1st notch and as soon as I started turning the crown,
it sprung all the way to the 15th... go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpl View Post
I thought the movement was an instantaneous date flip? Does the date change gradually or is it an instant click over to the next date?
Instantaneous just like it's bigger brother, Rolex. Hence the title of this thread: "Tudor gmt date window ISSUE"...
Panerai 111 217 233
Rolex 16600 126600
Tudor 5B GMT
Zénith A386ME
Old 12 January 2019, 12:28 PM   #18
skkali168
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116689
Quote:
So I've been monitoring mine every night and every night, the date has jumped (in one go) to the next day around 8~10mins past midnight.

Until this (Fri) evening. I had it on and glanced at it roughly 15mins past midnight and I was surprised to see it still showing Fri's date (11th). I glanced at it several times until ~01:15 and that's when it finally changed... to this:

It has clearly "shot past" the 12th and headed to the 13th. I presume that sometime tomorrow it will show the 13th and tomorrow night, I bet it will jump to 14 as if nothing ever happened.

Wow that sux. It’s like the older watches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
skkali168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2019, 02:13 AM   #19
samson66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:

Interesting. Maybe I missed it, but can you tell me if it is HOLDING that position between two dates, or is it eventually moving to the next date but sticking only for a short time?

I'm basically never up between midnight and 1am so I wonder if maybe mine is doing the same thing but I'm never seeing it?

Thanks
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2019, 01:00 PM   #20
Travelller
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
Interesting. Maybe I missed it, but can you tell me if it is HOLDING that position between two dates, or is it eventually moving to the next date but sticking only for a short time?
As I noted one post above yours...
"Taken at 00:43 on the 13th - no change from the night before"
Panerai 111 217 233
Rolex 16600 126600
Tudor 5B GMT
Zénith A386ME
Old 20 January 2019, 12:35 AM   #21
josephvman
Banned

Send it to RSC. It’s not going to fix itself and the sooner you send it the sooner you’ll get it back. Been there, done that.

Quote:

josephvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2019, 10:18 AM   #22
Travelller
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufty View Post
...whiist in there, did try something on...hhhmmmmm put aside till i decide
ROFL, that's always risky - dropping off a watch, not happy to go home watchless and seeing something tasty from the corner of your eye...

I, on the other hand, played it safe and walked into my AD wearing my "Tudor backup watch"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephvman View Post
Send it to RSC. It’s not going to fix itself and the sooner you send it the sooner you’ll get it back. Been there, done that.
Quote:
...I'll drop mine off tomorrow...
Done deal. This could have been the one issue that could have fixed itself, assuming we are certain it's only a question of lubrication (and I'm not, at least not 100%...). Indeed, it appears to have worked for some. The only question is if it was really a permanent fix...

Anyway, a moot point for you and I ...and Tufty
Panerai 111 217 233
Rolex 16600 126600
Tudor 5B GMT
Zénith A386ME
Old 11 July 2018, 03:05 AM   #23
nikhsub1
Server Advisor

Watch: 16610LV
Well, a bit off topic but I sent my Tudor GMT in for being way too fast. Was ~+7 seconds / day or so. Unacceptable to me.
nikhsub1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 08:25 PM   #24
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhsub1 View Post
Well, a bit off topic but I sent my Tudor GMT in for being way too fast. Was ~+7 seconds / day or so. Unacceptable to me.
Unacceptable would hardly call +7 seconds way to fast.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2018, 01:56 PM   #25
No SUBctitute
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhsub1 View Post
Some here will try to tell you that +7 is not way too fast. I certainly think it is....for a $4,000 watch. I can buy an Invicta that is 7 seconds fast. I like fine Swiss timepieces for their engineering and accuracy. If Rolexes started being +10 seconds per day, the would lose a lot of appeal.
No SUBctitute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 06:16 AM   #26
tottallyoff
"TRF" Member

surely +7 is still within COSC certification. Right?
tottallyoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2018, 06:17 AM   #27
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tottallyoff View Post
Nope. It needs a tweak.

Mine despite not being able to show the correct date is less than a second a day out.
Old 11 July 2018, 06:21 AM   #28
Jocke
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A dozen of Rolex's
That is a common problem when you use the India timezone as the second timezone.

What is best a custom Rolex or a Rolex that is stuck in custom?

Buy a professional camera and you´re a professional
photographer, buy a flute and you own a flute.
Jocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2018, 07:38 PM   #29
bmrisko
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocke View Post
That is a common problem when you use the India timezone as the second timezone.
Well played...
bmrisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2018, 01:37 AM   #30
JRT
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by tottallyoff View Post
No, COSC: -4 to +6 spd
JRT is offline   Reply With Quote