The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 January 2024, 11:52 PM   #1
corporalq
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 126660
Question about Rolex service

Hello to anyone that reads this and I hope someone can give me a solid answer. I sent my 126610LV in for service yesterday. I could hear the rotor turning inside and it was running slow. I assume it was one of the 3235 movements that were giving people issues.

Anyway, I was able to obtain this watch with all the original manufacturer stickers. I left the case back sticker, and clasp stickers on. Will Rolex remove all those stickers before they send it back to me? The lady at my local AD was rude as hell but she said they would and I don't trust her advice, I would rather hear it from someone here.

Thanks in advance!
corporalq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 11:58 PM   #2
Njkdog
Banned

Watch: Speedy reduced
When you buy a Rolex now it’s part of their protocol to remove stickers, so you know what the AD will do. RSC doesn’t have any protocol for this (I believe) so it’s not so clear what they’ll do. My guess would be they’ll probably leave it but it’s a toss up. Lots of vintage Rolexes have the case back stickers and I’d imagine some have gone to Rsc
Njkdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2024, 12:17 AM   #3
Kap007
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116900
More than the sticker thing; the rude AD does not surprise unfortunately. The few times I had to deal with ADs it was complete pretention. I bought through a grey and have no regrets.
Kap007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2024, 12:20 AM   #4
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

I don't know this for sure, but I would bet on the case back sticker getting pulled.
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2024, 12:21 AM   #5
Easy E

BTW, how old is your LV?
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2024, 12:36 AM   #6
corporalq
2024 Pledge Member

wow, thanks for all the fast responses!

Thanks to everyone who replied already, I appreciate the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
BTW, how old is your LV?
The card is dated 2021, but as you know, no one knows for sure!
Old 6 January 2024, 12:22 AM   #7
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by corporalq View Post
Hello to anyone that reads this and I hope someone can give me a solid answer. I sent my 126610LV in for service yesterday. I could hear the rotor turning inside and it was running slow. I assume it was one of the 3235 movements that were giving people issues.

Anyway, I was able to obtain this watch with all the original manufacturer stickers. I left the case back sticker, and clasp stickers on. Will Rolex remove all those stickers before they send it back to me? The lady at my local AD was rude as hell but she said they would and I don't trust her advice, I would rather hear it from someone here.

Thanks in advance!
What's more important fixing your maybe problem with your watch,or the sticky back plastic which is normally put in the waste bin.And expect the rotor noise you are hearing is quite normal as your movement has a ball bearing rotor.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2024, 12:41 AM   #8
corporalq
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
What's more important fixing your maybe problem with your watch,or the sticky back plastic which is normally put in the waste bin.And expect the rotor noise you are hearing is quite normal as your movement has a ball bearing rotor.
I guess with it being MY watch, I would like to keep the stickers that I choose to leave on AND get the issues fixed. But maybe the fact that it's mine doesn't mean anything. I have six other automatic watches and four of those are Rolex. I cannot hear ANY of the rotors in those other watches. One of those other Rolex watches has the same 3235 and it's quiet as can be.
Old 6 January 2024, 12:35 AM   #9
IgCarr

Watch: 16800 16220 14270
I thought being a rude attendant at an AD was a requirement for employment....

After one not very good experience, I now bypass the local AD and deal directly with RSC. In my experience, the good folks at RSCs are good communicators. You can always ask them not to remove the stickers. But keep in mind that stickers are good collectors of bacteria and all sorts of stuff you might otherwise not want to touch. And I doubt that at this point, the stickers will add any value to your watch. Stickers aside, I'm sure you will be very happy with your watch when you get it back from RSC.
IgCarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 12:43 AM   #10
madmax21
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master ll
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgCarr View Post
I thought being a rude attendant at an AD was a requirement for employment....

After one not very good experience, I now bypass the local AD and deal directly with RSC. In my experience, the good folks at RSCs are good communicators. You can always ask them not to remove the stickers. But keep in mind that stickers are good collectors of bacteria and all sorts of stuff you might otherwise not want to touch. And I doubt that at this point, the stickers will add any value to your watch. Stickers aside, I'm sure you will be very happy with your watch when you get it back from RSC.
I agree at the RSC Toronto the woman I dealt with is terribly rude every time you contact them so I think it is a prerequisite at Rolex for receptionists and customer service people to be rude and obnoxious LOL
Old 6 January 2024, 01:14 AM   #11
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Good luck OP
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2024, 01:44 AM   #12
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
I asked that question to my local RSC two years ago, for a fully stickered unworn safequeen which was getting slow on the timegrapher. The watchmaker said they would remove all stickers.
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2024, 03:08 AM   #13
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Probably they take it off and sanitize it before working on it. At least I would if I was a watchmaker.

What wonders me about your post is why you would deal with a rude AD and don’t deal directly with Rolex themselves ?
Now you are not the RSC customer so you have no clue what instructions are given to the RSC by your AD.
Old 6 January 2024, 03:46 AM   #14
corporalq
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joli160 View Post
Probably they take it off and sanitize it before working on it. At least I would if I was a watchmaker.

What wonders me about your post is why you would deal with a rude AD and don’t deal directly with Rolex themselves ?
Now you are not the RSC customer so you have no clue what instructions are given to the RSC by your AD.
I have one guy that I normally talk to at my local AD and he has always gone above and beyond to help me out. This last visit, he wasn't there due to an illness so I had to deal with some old hag in their service department.

Apparently, I am just learning that I can deal with RSC myself. If I knew this before I really would have done this instead. I guess I need to peruse the forums a little more to find out info like this.
Old 6 January 2024, 05:02 AM   #15
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Yes, the stickers come off for cleaning and refinishing.

Just like taking off your shoes when you shower.
Old 6 January 2024, 06:49 AM   #16
painexpert
Banned

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
If you wear the watch why would you leave the stickers on? Not a "flame" but thats kind of weird IMHO.
painexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2024, 06:56 AM   #17
corporalq
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by painexpert View Post
If you wear the watch why would you leave the stickers on? Not a "flame" but thats kind of weird IMHO.
Most of the original stickers protect the watch from unnecessary dings and scratches so I liked having them on there.

I own a relatively expensive car also and I've had the paint corrected and now there is Paint Protection Film on most of the vehicle. I like to take care of the things that I work my butt off for.

Plus, the other upside to this is that since I take great care in how I treat my watches, this will make the completely original watch easier to pass to my son and so on.

Hopefully this is a good enough explanation?
Old 6 January 2024, 07:04 AM   #18
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Most of the original stickers protect the watch from unnecessary dings and scratches so I liked having them on there.

I own a relatively expensive car also and I've had the paint corrected and now there is Paint Protection Film on most of the vehicle. I like to take care of the things that I work my butt off for.

Plus, the other upside to this is that since I take great care in how I treat my watches, this will make the completely original watch easier to pass to my son and so on.

RSC will ding the sht out of your case back and lugs. If you care about your watch you should think twice unless you plan to let them grind the dings out on a buff wheel to complete the service.
Old 6 January 2024, 07:09 AM   #19
corporalq
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
RSC will ding the sht out of your case back and lugs. If you care about your watch you should think twice unless you plan to let them grind the dings out on a buff wheel to complete the service.
They took really great care of my 126660 James Cameron. It was having the same issue as this one. I got it back in about two weeks also. I was pleasantly surprised.
Old 6 January 2024, 07:14 AM   #20
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
They took really great care of my 126660 James Cameron. It was having the same issue as this one. I got it back in about two weeks also. I was pleasantly surprised.

Depends on who handles your watch, doesn't it. There's no "Rolex" there. It's technicians and they vary in skill level and quantity of give-a-sht.
Old 9 February 2024, 11:32 AM   #21
KatGirl

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:

They sell clear film to protect the finish. Just do that, when it comes back. I watched a YouTube video showing how to apply it.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2024, 01:08 PM   #22
Medem
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

The plastic covers are not always completely impermeable to sweat. Using the watch with the plastic stickers on can cause oxidation under the sticker. Seiko, for instance, specifically recommends that they be removed prior to use.
I do not leave them attached to any of my watches when they get used for the first time or when they come back from service.
Medem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2024, 01:26 PM   #23
996marty
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexGMT/Tudor7928
I suspect they’ll remove the stickers but hopefully if you requested them to be left on they will be
996marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2024, 01:47 PM   #24
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
I’ll go with post 13.

As for RSC’s, I have had a few of my watches serviced by the Melbourne RSC (before they closed it) and they came back like new.

Andad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2024, 07:07 AM   #25
corporalq
2024 Pledge Member

If any of yall were curious, I got the watch back from RSC. To my dismay, the stickers were taken off. Although I have a sneaking suspicion that the rude lady at my local AD took them off before sending. Either way it sucks!
Old 9 February 2024, 07:51 AM   #26
knighty88
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Explorer 214270
It sucks that the decision was made for you rather than by you… but if you want to add protective film to your watch to protect it as you mention previously, there are options out there.

I wouldn’t be comfortable recommending any, as I’m of the ‘what will be will be camp’ - but others might be able to help, or a quick search of other threads
knighty88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2024, 08:10 AM   #27
PenDelicate
"TRF" Member

Watch: P-serial 116518
Left my watch in for a service last year, and in the pre-work report they said they'd remove the green sticker from the back. I agreed. Got the watch back, the sticker was still on the back.
PenDelicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2024, 08:21 AM   #28
Pepperjack
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenDelicate View Post
Left my watch in for a service last year, and in the pre-work report they said they'd remove the green sticker from the back. I agreed. Got the watch back, the sticker was still on the back.
I'll write something similar in my estimates, or something like "an attempt will be made to preserve caseback sticker." I think technically as an AD shop we're supposed to remove the green sticker, but I'm happy to forget if the sticker is in good condition. I can't guarantee it won't come off during the cleaning though, so I'm reluctant to make any guarantees. Also, more often than not, those green stickers are just filthy and partially removed already. Those are coming off.
Pepperjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2024, 11:55 AM   #29
TunaTuna
2024 Pledge Member

Maybe they can put new stickers on since it came in to them with stickers?
TunaTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2024, 07:16 PM   #30
jimcameron
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
Quote:
I left the case back sticker, and clasp stickers on. Will Rolex remove all those stickers before they send it back to me? The lady at my local AD was rude as hell but she said they would and I don't trust her advice, I would rather hear it from someone here.
Why would you care wether they leave the stickers on or off?

They will not increase the value of your watch, and if you wear the stickers on long enough, they will get nasty, from sweat, fungus and who knows what else.
jimcameron is online now   Reply With Quote