The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 3 September 2023, 03:36 AM   #1
Terribleone
"TRF" Member

Tudor USA service wait time.

I have a Tudor Black Bay Dark that has the MT5602 movement. It stopped running while on my wrist last week. Sent it out for a warranty repair and was wondering if anyone knew what kind of turn around time to expect. Might need to purchase a second watch to fill the void.
Terribleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2023, 03:46 AM   #2
David5807
"TRF" Member

Good question. I've been wondering about this myself since having recently purchased my first Tudor. Also wondering how the experience is in comparison to Rolex?
David5807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2023, 03:59 AM   #3
Terribleone
"TRF" Member

It’s my understanding that Tudor service in the United States is just a Rolex service center.
Old 3 September 2023, 04:06 AM   #4
Watchsprings
"TRF" Member

I sent is my P39 for a movement issue it was crunching when I wound it. It was 12 weeks and came back with a scratch on the case back! Not a good experience.
Watchsprings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2023, 04:11 AM   #5
David5807
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchsprings View Post
I sent is my P39 for a movement issue it was crunching when I wound it. It was 12 weeks and came back with a scratch on the case back! Not a good experience.
That's not very comforting to read. Wonder if there are any 3rd party places that do good work on Tudors i.e. rolliworks, etc.
David5807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2023, 04:12 AM   #6
DeltaRol
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II 216570
Took my P39 1 month. Then another 1 month. All good now and extremely accurate.
DeltaRol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2023, 04:38 AM   #7
SSMOKE
"TRF" Member

On 6/26/23 I dropped my one year old black 42 mm PELAGOS at Ben Bridge, Honolulu for warranty work. (missing lume) Five weeks later I received a text from the SA with a picture of a letter from Rolex / Tudor. Letter stated, among other things, full service, new bezel, I can not have the old bezel and should have the watch back, with no charge in about two weeks. On 8/18/23 the watch was ready for pick up. To answer your question, my watch was gone for seven weeks. (Ben Bridge originally told me 3 to 4 months.) It came back like new (Honestly, it went in pretty cherry to begin with.) and SUPER ACCURATE and included a Tudor travel pouch. I am surprised to read about the bad experiences. Mine really could not have been better. BTW I bought a blue PELAGOS to fill the void while the black one was getting serviced.
SSMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2023, 07:22 AM   #8
Terribleone
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMOKE View Post
On 6/26/23 I dropped my one year old black 42 mm PELAGOS at Ben Bridge, Honolulu for warranty work. (missing lume) Five weeks later I received a text from the SA with a picture of a letter from Rolex / Tudor. Letter stated, among other things, full service, new bezel, I can not have the old bezel and should have the watch back, with no charge in about two weeks. On 8/18/23 the watch was ready for pick up. To answer your question, my watch was gone for seven weeks. (Ben Bridge originally told me 3 to 4 months.) It came back like new (Honestly, it went in pretty cherry to begin with.) and SUPER ACCURATE and included a Tudor travel pouch. I am surprised to read about the bad experiences. Mine really could not have been better. BTW I bought a blue PELAGOS to fill the void while the black one was getting serviced.

I haven’t heard someone say cherry since I lived on Maui 9 years ago
Old 3 September 2023, 05:00 AM   #9
bennytheshap
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terribleone View Post
I have a Tudor Black Bay Dark that has the MT5602 movement. It stopped running while on my wrist last week. Sent it out for a warranty repair and was wondering if anyone knew what kind of turn around time to expect. Might need to purchase a second watch to fill the void.
I just got my Pelagos 39 back after sending it in to address lume and bezel alignment issues. Took about a month.
bennytheshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2023, 05:16 AM   #10
ibang1
"TRF" Member

I sent in my BB58 925 last year when I stripped the crown. I timed mine as I was getting back surgery and no need to wear a watch. Turn around was about 6 weeks. Tudor did add a watch pocket with my watch. It was a nice surprise.
ibang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2023, 05:51 AM   #11
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
When I've had service of Tudors done in the past it was by RSC and at the same cost. No advantage for Tudors.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2023, 09:32 AM   #12
Trek360
"TRF" Member

6-7 weeks to fix chrono pusher. Available at store for pick up 2 days after date warranty work was performed per the provided receipt from RSC. Store quoted 3 months initially.

Last edited by Trek360; 3 September 2023 at 09:35 AM.. Reason: ETA: RSC
Trek360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2023, 10:56 AM   #13
Sunny Arizona
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613
My Ranger was gone 4 months
Old 3 September 2023, 11:10 AM   #14
Terribleone
"TRF" Member

So anywhere from 1 to 4 months haha. Looks like I’m picking up a second watch this week.
Old 3 September 2023, 05:52 PM   #15
WatchTraderATL
Banned

In the past, I've had my Tudors serviced by RSC at the same price. There wasn't any cost benefit for Tudors.
WatchTraderATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 September 2023, 11:37 PM   #16
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
My understanding is that all Tudor watches are serviced by the RSC Center in Dallas if the work is done by Tudor. I have submitted a Tudor Black Bay years ago for service but it has been so long ago the time would not be relevant. I remember years ago that I had one Rolex and a Timex. The Rolex needed service so off it went. After a few weeks of moping around my wife went and bought me a SS Submariner as a surprise. Great gift. Funny that she just walked in to our AD, asked for a discount, 10% and no tax and out the door. I live by the saying, "Two is one and one is none". Applies to most things. Go get another watch that you like and good luck with the service.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2023, 12:10 AM   #17
Terribleone
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
My understanding is that all Tudor watches are serviced by the RSC Center in Dallas if the work is done by Tudor. I have submitted a Tudor Black Bay years ago for service but it has been so long ago the time would not be relevant. I remember years ago that I had one Rolex and a Timex. The Rolex needed service so off it went. After a few weeks of moping around my wife went and bought me a SS Submariner as a surprise. Great gift. Funny that she just walked in to our AD, asked for a discount, 10% and no tax and out the door. I live by the saying, "Two is one and one is none". Applies to most things. Go get another watch that you like and good luck with the service.

“Two is one and one is none” is a great saying. Never heard that before. Love it!
Old 4 September 2023, 12:33 AM   #18
ascalise
"TRF" Member

The Long Island City SC is where Tudors go. I just sent one of mine in last week. I called Dallas and that is where they told me to send it. She said expect 4-6 weeks turnaround.
ascalise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2023, 11:14 PM   #19
Terribleone
"TRF" Member

Paperwork I received says to expect about 3 weeks.
Old 6 September 2023, 11:15 PM   #20
Terribleone
"TRF" Member

Old 7 September 2023, 12:23 AM   #21
Raiderred11k
"TRF" Member

I sent my Pelagos 42 in for servicing on August 10th and was told that it would be shipped back on September 29th. We'll see if they can stick to that. Mine was just a bezel replacement so theoretically shouldn't take that long.
Raiderred11k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2023, 12:30 AM   #22
swexlin
"TRF" Member

Two years ago, my Chrono needed warranty service (pushers stopped working).

AD sent it in, came back 8 weeks later.
swexlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2023, 12:37 AM   #23
slus
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD, Pelagos
ETA Pelagos in for service last year, it is normal RSC service through the AD. Initial estimate was 6 weeks, it took about 10, but RSC did update the AD that they were waiting for the bezel from Geneva and it would take longer. No problems.

Movement service was significantly less than any Rolex movement service, about 300 dollars. Not sure if that translates to the newer in house Tudor movements or if that was an ETA only thing. The bezel cost more than the movement service.

I had read that RSC won't refinish titanium watches, and that was accurate. I did not specify any instructions on refinishing just to see what happened. Mine was shipped to them beat up, and returned to me beat up with a new bezel, crown and movement service. I wonder if they will keep that up with the new titanium Rolex models that are now released, or if they will start refinishing them at service to keep up to Rolex service standards. I really don't see the hold up on titanium refinishing, especially on the Pelagos, which is all brushed. AD tried to touch it up with scotch brite on the clasp but I told them not to bother with the rest.
slus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2023, 12:38 AM   #24
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Did you try a manual wind if you did,how was it after did movement run as wearing a watch don't always wind the watch it's wrist activity that winds the movement.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2023, 01:11 AM   #25
Terribleone
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Did you try a manual wind if you did,how was it after did movement run as wearing a watch don't always wind the watch it's wrist activity that winds the movement.

The movement completely stopped working. It stopped on my wrist. I took it off. I tried to wind it, and the movement never got going.
Old 7 September 2023, 01:21 AM   #26
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
The movement completely stopped working. It stopped on my wrist. I took it off. I tried to wind it, and the movement never got going.
Now we have more information possible mainspring broken it does seldom happen on all watches let's hope they fix it as soon as possible.

ICom Pro3

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Old 7 September 2023, 01:05 AM   #27
worldofoyster
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub
4-8 weeks
worldofoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2023, 03:31 AM   #28
Terribleone
"TRF" Member

It did feel quite weird when I tried winding it. This is my first automatic watch so I don’t have much experience winding these things though.
Old 7 September 2023, 03:50 AM   #29
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
It did feel quite weird when I tried winding it. This is my first automatic watch so I don’t have much experience winding these things though.
Well Tudor and Rolex only wind on the forward wind and would need at least 40 full crown turns clockwise only to fully wind.And in you cannot over wind it as when mainspring is fully wound it just slips in the spring barrel.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club

Old 7 September 2023, 03:45 AM   #30
Redfoot
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pelagos FXD!!!
I kick myself for not buying the Black Bay Black you have in 2020 when an AD offered 20% discount- then it got discontinued! I love that watch. The Black Bay Dark is too dark in my opinion- its a stunning watch but I like the white lumes on yours.

My Pelagos FXD velcro strap fell apart after about a month of wear- I brought to AD in June and still no sign of the replacement. She texts me every week or 10 days and says she did not forget- just an issue with warranty I guess. I have a bunch of other straps anyway.
Redfoot is offline   Reply With Quote