Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > New Members

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18 October 2019, 04:31 AM   #1
Dr_Rolexington
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Hello from the California

Greeting my fellow watch enthusiasts.

I’ve been collecting watches since my freshman year at CAL. I was given a subscription to watch time by one of my professors and that was it I was hooked. I couldn’t believe there were watches out there with the price tag of a house. I never thought I’d own any that’s for sure.

I collect all types of watches of all shapes and prices. I do own about 5 Rolexes my crown jewel being my complete set of the 50th anniversary Submariner, I love that damn watch. I also have one PAM a nice vintage Seiko from 1980 and one omega constellation. I also have this other really nice skeleton watch from an unknown brand which is my daily wear.

Lately I’ve been going through a vintage phase. I’ve been looking for a quartz date just or even day date in really nice condition and I’ve seen some good ones on eBay but undecided on dial or metal material. Also I would love to get into engraving. I’ve seen some beautiful art work on Instagram of relief type engravings on rolexes and WOW they look beautiful.

Lastly I’ve been doing wood working for about two years now and getting pretty good. I make Watch boxes and displays for my watches and perhaps this could be something I do long term and share with the world more on that coming soon.

I look forward to learning more about watches and quite honestly buying parts too. I hate the whole “trade” policy Rolex has. A few months ago I tried to buy a box or just have it sent back for a clean cuss guys we all know how dirty they get and the rep told me I would have to buy a whole new watch just to get a box...ridiculous

Happy to be here and hope to be able to contribute in someway to this growing community
Dr_Rolexington is offline   Reply With Quote