The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Grand Seiko & Seiko Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13 December 2019, 12:58 AM   #1
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
<<< Incoming first Seiko >>>

Good morning folks!

I have always been quite interested in the Seiko brand and decided it was time to add one.

I need (want ) a watch that I can enjoy without practicing as much wrist awareness and was focused on a diver, since they sort of suit my style and sensibilities. I started to look and found the SKX 009, which looks amazing but I couldnt find one here to try. I also wasnt sure about a movement with manual wind.

Enter the Prospex PADI (Samurai) SRPB99J1. This one really spoke to me on alot of levels. I absolutely love the case with its sharp angles, and I also appreciate the detail with how they've integrated a touch of polish in with the mostly brushed surface finish.

The bracelet and clasp is a pleasant surprise for me. Having read about how inferior they are compared to Rolex I have to say I'm impressed. Sure it isn't quite built to the same high standards, but its definitely not too far off IMO. Its feels solid and secure on the wrist.

Next, the dial ... it's hard to describe and my pictures here aren't all that good at capturing the subtitles. The wave pattern is very subtle and almost invisible until the right light. The makers are nice and bold and hold lume exceptionally well. Red markers at 3,6,9 and 12 are a nice touch as well. It really has a lot of visual interest IMO.

Last the bezel, my favourite feature of this reference. Again, my pictures aren't the best but it has sort of a vintage vibe, right out of the box. The colors are subdued and almost a bit faded looking, which is very cool IMO.

I'm really enjoying this one and can see it being that watch when I just want to let loose

Lastly, thanks to my buddy Art for the enabling.

I've rambled on enough, here are a few pictures all!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote