The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4 January 2020, 12:01 AM   #11
m3jasper
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS93108 View Post
AP's UK price increase a few months ago was most likely due to a re-balancing of the GBP to the CHF. To be honest, it was to be expected, as are other price 'balancing' changes for other currencies when compared to the CHF.

It would seem that the latest round of price increases are somewhat global and thus an 'inflation' price increase by AP or simply their prerogative to position their product pricing at a rate that the market will stand.

Price balancing of CHF to global is fine by me, we live in a global economy and that's a consequence.

Price increases for inflation purposes is again something that we should expect.

Price increased on an adhoc basis to capitalise on the market isn't something that I'd have thought was coming, but if that's the reasoning behind it then so be it.

From my perspective, I have a 15407 on order and a 'wish' for another item. The 15407 has just had an increase of nearly 20% in the UK, but I'll still be grateful when it arrives, as my only other option is to pay nearly 40% more than the new price list by going grey.

Frankly, these price increases are a first world problem. The price is the price, take it or leave it. Current owners will be happy as their watches have instantly appreciated, where as new purchasers are the ones actually being 'hit'.

All in all, ho hum and on we go.
Well said.
m3jasper is offline   Reply With Quote