The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22 October 2020, 10:42 PM   #1
Rochester585
"TRF" Member

coaxial 8800 service interval

Hey guys,

i purchased a seamaster 300M last year and i cant remember for certain but im pretty sure the sales associate at the omega boutique told me that the new coaxial caliber 8800 didnt need servicing for like 10-12 years

i cant find the gentlemens business card and the boutique is in Nassau, Bahamas, i bought the watch on a vacation cruise...but he was using this as a selling point for the robustness of the movement and the low maitenance schedule and cost in comparison to other luxury brands

does this sound possible? I have a 5 year warranty and i read that many guys will go longer than the 5 years but 10-12 seems a bit long

ive read many threads saying if it aint broke dont fix it or worry about it but im a perfectionist and a planner and even tho its only been 1 year i like to have it in the back of my mind when i need to start thinking about preparing to send it in/ buying another watch to wear while this one is out of my hands :)

thank you and let me know what you think
Rochester585 is offline   Reply With Quote