The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12 April 2009, 09:18 PM   #1
Chrisxx

Secondhand and Damaged - Submariner 14060m

Guys,
Your advice please, I was checking out secondhand watches and found a nice non date sub 2008.

I say nice, but in fact it is damaged, I am just wondering if I could strike a deal that would make this worth buying.

The asking price is £2350, against an mrrp of £3380, although these can be purchased grey easily for £2750. The problem is that it has a large scratch on the crystal, and the crystal has somehow been rotated so the LEC is now at 630.

I am amazed that someone has damaged it in this way, it makes me wonder if the bezel is also non original as i would have thought that this would also have been damaged??

If I bought this it would be sent straight to RSC for a new crystal and service, the question is how much would this cost? I am thinking if I could get the wach for <£2k this could turn out to be a good deal?

Any coments? I am thinking the risk may to too high? Also if I were to sell on, would the maintenance history effect its value?

Thanks,
Chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rolex.jpg (81.3 KB, 284 views)
Chrisxx is offline   Reply With Quote