The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1 December 2020, 01:37 AM   #11
-dustin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadwick4eva View Post
That's not it- all the Chinese stocks are getting rocked today because of this news from the weekend:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/house-t...es-11606518590

Basically if you don't comply with standardized audits, you're getting booted off the exchange. Seems like there is bipartisan support and I agree with them- if you don't play by the rules then you shouldn't be allowed to be on the field.

I hope that China matures as a nation in my lifetime- currently they behave like an angsty teenager that thinks they can do whatever they want. I'm not sure where their inflammatory rhetoric comes from- whether its a systemic issue at the top of the food chain or if its just Xi's ego.

Given their booming middle class and quickly growing economy- the country is starting to turn into what would seem a capitalistic democracy, but the CCP acts like they can do whatever they want and not face any repercussions. If China fell in line with the rest of the world and started to act a little more democratic I would feel much safer- the threat of another world war would be far less than it currently is. This current path they are on though will only lead to more friction- they've already declared that Taiwan is theres, and we will see another slow and ugly Hong Kong-esque takeover it seems. What's next? Singapore? Indonesia? Japan?

It's a bit scary that their population is entirely brainwashed because of the "Great Firewall," and doesn't have unrestricted access to the majority of the internet. Over the past few decades its become increasingly clear that the internet and the flow of information can grant great amounts of power over the minds of individuals. Unfortunately it seems that critical thinking and the ability to parse information to form one's own conclusions is not nearly as highly a valued skill in society than being told to repeat whatever you see and/or hear on social media, TV, or the web. In my travels and discussions with others from around the world, I think that most people are actually on the same wavelength and just want to live peaceful lives with family, friends, food, and a roof over their head. Not sure why we can't all just get along sometimes
Oh, nice. I need to up my news source(s) game apparently. Thanks for the link.
-dustin is offline   Reply With Quote