The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28 April 2009, 09:21 AM   #1
Ashley
"TRF" Member

I got a new job!

Well guys, after three years as a photographer at a portrait studio, I have taken the plunge and branched out. I landed a job as a clinical assistant for Lasik MD, a company that does eye surgeries. Great perks (like $300 towards a gym membership, score!) and a nice pay increase.

I am very excited, but at the same time extremely nervous. I've been in a rut at my current job for so long of doing nothing but reading magazines and playing on my computer while waiting for customers to come in, and I'm scared of going back to a "real" job.

The office is downtown, in a SUPER convenient location for me, with hours that are nice (though I have to leave the house by seven at the latest, as opposed to nine twenty like I do now!) and I've always wanted to work downtown. Shopping on my lunch break, hooray!

Now the only thing I'm worried about is quitting my current job... I know there is no reason to fear but I really hate any confrontations like this, and have been too chicken to do it all day. Please give me some encouraging words so that I can call my manager and tell her!!
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote