The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3 September 2021, 06:45 AM   #1
Bill2
Banned

Watch: 116610LV
Hurricane Ida

The remnants of Hurricane Ida made it to New York last night. I live north of NY City. I travel to Yonkers. It took 2 hours to make the trip. I was within 5 miles of the office for over an hour. Each time I got closer, a road was closed and flooded. I was running out of options when I found a way through the town of Ardsley to a 12" deep "lake" which I was able to cross to my office.

I went out for lunch and it seems that the Saw Mill River Parkway is under a couple of feet of water near our office. The water level does not seem to be going down.

We got 8" of rain near my house. That is more than the average rainfall for the entire month of September.

The power company sent me an email letting me know that my power was out (it was not). Then an email letting me know it would be restored by 1:00 p.m. And then at 12:37 an email telling me that the power was restored. Hmm.

My roof is still watertight. And I live atop the tallest hill in the town. Before my basement would flood, almost all the houses in the county would have to be fully submerged. So no wet basement either. I got off pretty light.

How did you all make out?
Bill2 is offline   Reply With Quote