The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9 September 2021, 10:53 PM   #11
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patek_collector View Post
it may look a weird post, but i am Patek guy with few Pateks which i posted about here...

I am starting to learn a bit about of F.P. Journey to understand why is this sudden craziness and i am starting to understand a bit of the uniqueness of this brand. i wont collect it, but i would think of owning one watch to have the feel.

of course, their boutiques have no watches. i am liking the Octa Automatique Lune AL Platinum which i found for around $64K.

anyone knows anything about this watch or the price that should be associated with?

thanks.
Can't comment on the asking price, but given the trajectory of FPJ pricing in general it seems about right. I was very close to purchasing this piece a few years ago, but opted for a Chronometre Souveraine instead. In addition to being more wallet friendly at the time, I really fell for the overall case dimensions and dial layout. One of the unique design elements of the CS is the placement of the PR indicator at 3:00 and small seconds between 7-8:00. It's technically challenging to put the PR indicator right next to the crown. The movement was designed around the desired dial layout which I find charming. The movement view on the back is a treat as well, but I wouldn't let that alone drive your decision. Most of the time you'll be admiring the dial after all.

All that said, the Octa Automatique Lune is a gorgeous piece with a mirror image subdial layout of the CS with the addition of the moonphase. You get a little bit more on the dial side, but the movement view is less special and the case wears a bit thicker. Good luck whichever direction you go
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote