The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1 January 2022, 08:43 AM   #11
chunk2020
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearxj86 View Post
Moderate to high level production for "classic" design trinity:
1) Patek
2) AP
3) Journe
4) Lange (Honorable mention)
5) VC (Honorable mention)

Top tier classical design trinity (if money is no object and finishing is king):
1) Dufour
2) Gruebel
3) Variety of independents (Roger Smith, Kari, Gronefeld etc.)

Top trinity of "special" material, "special design"
1) MB&F
2) Debethune
3) Urwerk

Debatable hype:
1) Richard Mille
2) Hublot
3) Ming

I think this is the best of the lot..

I’d be inclined to put Trinity Cat1 as Patek and then Trinity Cat2 as journe, ALS, Vacheron and AP as secondary within that but defo in that top group.

They are all awesome but AP is basically RO and offshores and nothing much else, journe is rather recently recognised (though loved in the shadows for years) and tiny in comparison. ALS excellent though I remember a mate working in Patek salon talking me out of one as they “lacked soul” .. I don’t think that but I can see it.. defo deserves to be in there.

Should we also a consider that given production numbers.. Dufour, roger smith, forsey etc are basically novelty brands, if the internet didn’t exist you’d never have heard never mind seen a pic of them.

Shouts for Moser, RM, czapek etc.. I’m not sure they’re serious for trinity material

Everyone remembers when panerai was hot (still lovely aesthetic), when breitling ruled the skies and Frank muller was flash.

Fashions evolve, style is eternal. How many of these brands mentioned were in the mix in 20 years ago, 10 years ago… and, if you were backing a few horses, who’d you bet on in 10 and 20 year’s time??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chunk2020 is offline   Reply With Quote