The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watch Reviews (Non-Rolex)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17 May 2022, 11:05 PM   #1
BDL
2024 Pledge Member

Cartier Tank SolarBeat-unexpected daily

I was on the hunt for a Large Tank SolarBeat that ended up being a fun pursuit involving finding one over seas and wiring the funds and having a friend pick up and bring home for me.

I honestly thought the chase was going to be the best part, as I love the hunt and in the end this would be a cool addition to my collection.

What I did not expect is that after months of acquiring this would become the watch I end up wearing most days Monday-Friday.

The tank seems small and fragile on day one. But more than any other watch I have experienced it become better and better the more you wear it. It no longer seems small or fragile.

I’m sure most know this is a solar based movement that gathers the sun via the cut out numerals on the dial.

The 16 year service cycle and grab and go aspect are the big picture positives, however day to day the way in which a tank just disappears on your wrist until you check the time is what keeps me from even thinking of opening the watch box most mornings.

Still finding the right strap, but the fact it has quick connect (strap changes require no tools) might mean there is a rotation of them. I even like it on a NATO. No joke.

If you have a chance to grab one of these, wear and good health and let me know your experience.

-BDL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BDL is offline   Reply With Quote